Pages

Thursday 12 August 2021

Using up the odds and ends

Hello, crafting friends!

In the whirl of activity that is my August, I found a tiny window of crafting opportunity to join in with some favourite challenges! Come and see:


I started by stamping a large image from Clearly Besotted's Sending Sunshine onto a scrap of card. The sunflower was watercoloured to look like a pink daisy and cropped down. I fussy cut part of the edge before adhering it onto some striped paper and trimming it into a twinchie using a stitched rectangle die. The striped background was a small off-cut of some paper that was a freebie in a Stampin' Up Sale-a-bration promotion earlier this year. 


The sentiment, from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, was stamped on an off-cut of card left over from using the same stitched rectangle on another project. It meant that I could position it over the twinchie and it would look as if it had been stitched into the paper. The other edge was trimmed into a ribbon tail. I finished with an assortment of enamel dots, gems and sequins chosen to coordinate with the colours.

CHALLENGES
I'm playing along with Seize the Birthday where the topping this time is Stripes; I used the gorgeous yellow and pink colour duo at Color Hues so I'm also linking up there; m flower is watercoloured so I'm also joining in with Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge where Anything Goes; Everything on my card is a snippet except the card base so I'm whizzing off to the Snippets Playground to have a go on the roundabout before jumping back on the merry-go-round!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Apparently the word daisy derives from 'Day's eye' because the flowers open in the morning and close at night. I like wild daisies best, which usually have white petals with a yellow centr but you do also get pink petalled ones. According to floriography (the language of flowers) daisies mean Loyalty - and I can tell you that the daisies on my tiny patch of lawn are certainly very loyal indeed. I can never bear to dig them out though, I think they're such friendly little flowers :)

Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Your "daisy" is so beautiful and bright against the striped background

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this clever combination. Everything looks just right on this gorgeous CAS card.

    Hug x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this CAS card--the lovely yellow and pink daisy, the black and white stripes, and the great design. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful CAS card, Vicky! I love your pink petaled Daisy and the striped background was brilliant! I loved your little tidbit about the Daisy-I heard some of that info in the movie You Got Mail. One of my favs! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card at Color Hues! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this gorgeous CAS card! Love the yellow and pink daisy and the stripes! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with this card Vicky! I know I commented on it the other day or maybe I have officially lost it! That is quite possible! I love that you made a pink daisy and the striped background is a sensational idea. I love your little tid bit at the bottom about the daisy. I remember hearing some of that in the movie... You've Got Mail. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues and Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Your pink daisy is delightful, and perfect on the twinchie background with the over the edge sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great CAS card, Vicky! I love that the 3 embellishments don't match, but they match perfectly and those 3 little white stitches on the sentiment strip warm my OCD heart! xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the CAS design! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card Kicky - and as ever so beautifully designed and made. I love the daisies in out back 'lawn' and, like you, we never dig them out. Len calls it a 'smart meadow'! :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)