Pages

Sunday 30 January 2022

And a partridge in a pear tree

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I've always loved the 12 Days of Christmas song and have fond memories of singing it at the top of my voice as a child on long car journeys! I liked the challenge of memorising the order of the gifts and it certainly never occurred to me that these were quite strange presents from 'my true love'!


I had been looking for a 12 Days of Christmas stamp set and was lucky enough to find this Stampin' Up set on ebay last year. I stamped the tree image on a card panel, trimmed it to size with a Crimped Frame die from The Greetery and sponged blue ink around the edges before colouring it with a mix of water-based markers and coloured pencils.


I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment from a retired Uniko set and then added the sentiment from the SU set at the bottom of the panel - it just made me smile! Finally I gave the partridge a lick of sparkle with a Wink of Stella pen before mounting the panel onto a card base.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Jingle Belles, where I've chosen the 12 Days of Christmas theme option; I'm also joining in at Dawn's All About Occasions challenge at Watercooler Wednesday; at We Love Stamping, they want to see stamped images with the option of adding images with wings - and I think my partridge does the job; and last but not least, I'm playing at Stamping Sensations where Anything Goes with an optional die cut - and I've added in a die cut frame.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
When I came across The Twelve Days of Christmas (Correspondence) by John Julius Norwich, I immediately bought several to add to presents that year. It is hilarious! It consists of thank you letters from a bemused and increasingly vexed lady who has been receiving some charming but inconvenient gifts from her 'true love' and is beautifully illustrated by Quentin Blake in his inimitable quirky style.


I now read it every year and, if you've not read it, I highly recommend it as there's nothing like a chuckle at Christmas (or any other time of year.) You're welcome!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Oh I love this card Vicky - I still have this stamp too, it's my favourite 12 days of Christmas set! Beautifully coloured and the frame adds a nice additional touch of detail. I haven't read the book - but will add to my list for next Christmas, sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous CAS 1st day of Christmas card,love the image

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super festive make. Love your partridge in a pear tree card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, trying hard to catch up again after the events of the last week or so, takes time.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card very well coloured, love the dimensional look of the partridge wing! Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping January challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully colored, Vicky! You snagged a keeper with that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such is my time in blogland at the moment that I totally missed your link to WLS, so popped back to thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is awesome!!! I wouldn't have associated the motif with Christmas, but I still like your idea very much. I also really like that you colored it very subtly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky you were to find that stamp set on e bay. I love how you have used that pear tree, lovely colouring and great framing too. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at we love stamping this month and for joining in with the option of wings xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card and so appropriate for you and your love of the song. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a perfect image ... and even lovelier card ... so glad you join our Twelve Days of Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, what a pretty "partridge in a pear tree" image and you've colored it perfectly and made it into the loveliest card imaginable! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your partridge looks quite at home in it's pear tree and quite beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)