Pages

Thursday 27 January 2022

From the snippets box with love

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Happy Thursday and welcome to a shiny new challenge at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! My friend LeAnne is in charge of the board this week and she has got all your valentine bases covered as well as plenty of options for any other kind of card you choose to make!


I've gone for the left hand column, Pink/Valentine or Heart/White, and have added in a few of the other ideas too! 


This card was made entirely of snippets except for the card base. I cut a heart out of a scrap of pretty pale pink striped paper and stamped up the side of it with a floral stamp from So Much by Uniko, adding colour with coloured pencils. 


The 'love' sentiment comes from the same stamp set. I stamped it in red on a tiny scrap of thick white card, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, snipped it out and decorated it with a tiny die cut heart. I arranged some gold thread on my decorated heart before adding the sentiment label.
 

For a bit of extra dimension, I die cut a few more hearts out of off-cyuts of red card and glued them in a stack, finishing with the DSP one I'd decorated. I found a gold die cut 'you' in the snippets box, which I'd trimmed off a Lawn Fawn birthday sentiment in the dim and distant past, and added it to my sentiment label. To finish, I added gold dots around the flowers with a gold Uni Paint marker.

So now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog and drool over the amazing inspiration from my team mates. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to link up your own creation when you're ready. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with the penultimate Ruby's Memory challenge at The Snippets Playground; and at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge where Anything Goes this month.



AND IN OTHER NEWS
Eva has a new friend! When we walk in the fields behind our house, we sometimes meet a lady who brings her granddaughter to play there. The two year old is not remotely nervous of Eva - her grandmother tells me she's used to dogs - but Eva has been cautious around the little girl knowing that toddlers can be unpredictable. But after meeting them in the fields a good few times now, Eva and the little girl have struck up a friendship. It is so sweet! Eva lays down beside the little girl to make herself smaller and the little girl strokes her and makes kissy noises. Sometimes she naughtily takes off her hat and gives it to Eva who runs off with it! The grandmother shrugs and tells me that's what washing machines are for!

Sending Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful CAS card Vicky,the embellishments on the heart are perfect finishing touches,Eva is a big cuddly soft soul at heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cannot get enough of your inventiveness and creativity. I always look forward to your cards and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty valentine, Vicky! I love that you stamped on patterned paper and stacked that heart on the red hearts for added dimension! The tiny gold hearts are so sweet on the red love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky

    Really love this uber-CAS Valentine's Day card.

    Very windy today, so take care climbing the rope ladder into the Playground Treehouse. I've got the coffee on and there are still some Almond cookies left! I might even share my Organic Dark Chocolate bar with you!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful with the little lovely details!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use patterned paper and the stamp and colour the images - great idea. Thanks so much for joining us at HLS CAS Challenge. xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Vicky, love the delicate thread and the tiny heart. What a beauitful story of Eva and the little girl.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just a whizz of turning those snippets into a thing of beauty Vicky! I love all of the little details here that pack so much interest into a small space. The touches of gold really bring the whole thing together too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really divine card Vicky. So pretty and beautifully thought out and then made. The interaction between Eva and her new friend almost brought me to tears.

    Hugs

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)