Pages

Tuesday 25 January 2022

Nuts about you

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I've been enjoying making a few valentines this year! This one features a pair of bushy-tailed cuties from a new-to-me stamp set from Clearly Besotted called Foxy Friend.
 
 
The squirrels are supposed to be skunks but they make excellent squirrels! I coloured them with coloured pencils, fussy cut them and attached them to a die cut stitched circle that I'd masked with a stencil and sponged with blue ink.


I wanted to create an interesting border to the card base so I trimmed 1/2" off the front flap using a large stitched rectangle die. Pale blue card stock was glued underneath the flap and then ran a heart design washi tape along the edge. The squirrel circle was placed slightly overlapping the border and I finished with a die cut heart and a sentiment from MFT.
 
CHALLENGES
I was inspired by Lisa's photo choice at this week's Just Us Girls challenge, using the background and swapping the snow couple with the squirrels; I'm also joining in at Just Add Ink where there's a Just Pick Two challenge - Fancy Edge/Circle/Twine - and I've gone for Fancy Edge and Circle; I also made this card for Time Out Challenges where the theme is In Love; and am sharing at Darnell's NBUS challenge, the place to show off our Never Before Used Schtuff!
 


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I had to whisper the word 'squirrels' in case a certain young lady got a bit excited but...
 
 
... having had a long walk this morning with an impromptu swim in the river, nothing other than the rustle of a cheese wrapper would have had the power to rouse her!!

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. OH! I agree the skunks make excellent squirrels Vicky, I love your cute card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE that your squirrels are skunks in disguise. Also god a good chuckle out Eva perking up over them. It's wonderful to see you in the gallery, Vicky! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable pair,love the washi tape and pale blue edging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant skunk squirrels! A lovely layout too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely layout and like how you went a different direction away from the snowmen photo. Adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS. Always nice to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, your Valentine's card is toooooo cute!!! The lucky recipient is gonna love this card too :) !!! Thank you for playing the TTTC with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They make very cute squirrels Clare! Love the striking washi border too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skunks masquerading as squirrels are adorable Vicky. I love how you have used your 2 chosen elements. Thanks for joining in with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable squirrels, a very sweet card. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card ❤️ thank you for playing with us at TimeOut đŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great change up with the stamp, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)