Pages

Saturday 19 February 2022

Snowflakes and warm hugs

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Happy Saturday! If you've got some crafting planned for this weekend, we have some great inspiration for you at Addicted to CAS. Lovely Jaydee is at the helm today and she has chosen the word Snowflake to inspire you.

I was tempted to go for a festive card for this one but then I decided that these long winter months are a great time to cheer people up with a handcrafted card to let them know they are in your thoughts :)
 

This card is very simple but required precise placement of the elements so my stamping platform came in handy. The first step was stamping the spirograph-like image from The Greetery's Catching Snowflakes. I used versamark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder so that it was revealed as white when I sponged blue ink down from the top of the card panel.


The large snowflake from the set stamps neatly into the middle of the spirograph and I embellished it with a white die cut snowflake centred with an orange enamel dot. I chose two of the sentiments and stamped them in orange around the snowflake image, then trimmed the panel to size with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle. The panel was attached to a card base and I sprinkled it with a few gems and sequins for an icy look.

And now it's your turn. Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS blog and see the amazing cards Jaydee and the rest of the team have made to inspire you. You will find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to upload your own creation. Remember to keep your card nice and clean and simple won't you - and have fun!

CHALLENGES
CASology has a lovely theme this month, Affection, so I'm joining in there; I'm also playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge where we are asked to get Inky; this is my first go with this beautiful stamp set, so I'm also sharing at Darnell's NBUS challenge.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I really do feel for anyone who is having to pick up the pieces today after Storm Eunice. More trees have come down in our area and two parked cars were damaged, but we were not affected. Eva would take issue with that statement as she was a bit miffed by the short walks! There was a bit of excitement in the afternoon when an escaped balloon made its way into our garden. Eva demanded to be allowed out to investigate...

 
"How dare you invade my territory you little green monster!" (Sorry about the terrible action shot!)


The air had mostly come out of the balloon so she had to savage it pretty thoroughly before it popped and she was able to sashay back inside with a satisfied air!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Was sure I was going to see snowdrops here (must read properly), having just put snowdrops on my own blog my mind was singled tracked.

    But it's another lovely CAS creation and the sentiment so effective following the spiral.

    Great fun day for Eva.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully designed as always Vicky,love the blue and orange colour combo and the wonderful sentiments,Eva certainly made sure that balloon wasn't going to escape her

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS card Vicky. Love that sentiment and didn't that snowflake fit PERFECTLY inside the spirograph!

    Eva is so lovely. Fancy her being gentle enough to grab the balloon without bursting it straight away! She's a clever girl for sure!

    We had a couple of uninteresting plastic bags swirling around the garden like whirling dervishes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful snowflake card Vicky, a wonderful sentiment beautifully placed. Gorgeous design. Love the action shot of Eva and her balloon.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great sentiment on a beautiful card! It will make someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful and I love the matching shapes of the texts.
    My girlfriend's dog once found a balloon in the forest and happily played with it until it burst. She had filmed it and it was a great pleasure to watch the dog do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea for the take on this challenge. And what a wonderful card. So much detail and all tied together beautifully. I do like that you used orange for the sentiment and made it curl around so much-it all adds to the flow of the card. I see you have said you are entering CASology-I just did my comments there and noted that it is not there-just to let you know-but when you do add it-thanks for joining us! And boy what weather, I have not been out as too dnagerous to do my walks so going a bit stir crazy but have made a few cards. Bubbles has been spooked with the weather and needed lots of petting and most of the time he has been hiding under the bed or tucked up as close as he can to us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent card. Blue and orange seem like an unlikely pairing but they go really well together. Love the trio of snowflakes. Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

    Prudence
    NBUS February Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully layered design, Vicky! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vicky I do hope all is well with you and your lovely family.What a beautiful card and a clever use of the snowflake doesn't always have to be on a Christmas card . The precision is amazing I would never attempt something so tricky but you pulled it off perfectly.The orange sentiment is so lovely against the background. As for the lovely EVa she reminds me of Rosy my porker Frenchie she goes absolutely crazy for a balloon and has great fun trying to burst it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely! Always enjoy my visits to your blog, Vicky, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pop of orange against the soft aqua blue on this card Vicky - you totally inspired my stencil use for this challenge. Love the curved lettering too - it adds so much interest to the design!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)