Pages

Monday 27 June 2022

In the globe

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I couldn't help but notice it was the 25th the day before yesterday, and that brought to mind another month where the 25th is a major celebration! I tried to imagine what it might feel like to be cold and this card was the result:
 

I hadn't used this Snow Globe stencil from Funky Fossil before and I'm already thinking of other scenes I can fill it with! For this one, I taped the snow globe part of the stencil over a card base and covered up the base section. Inside the globe, I stamped one of the houses from an old Stampin' Up set called Holiday Home. This was covered with another house I stamped on a sticky note and cut out. I also cut a little circle out with a circle punch and placed it in the sky area.
 

While the masks were in position, I used a fir from Inkylicious to create a woodland scene around the house and then sponged navy ink into the sky and, with increased pressure at the base of the trees. When the bits of sticky note were removed, a moonlit scene was revealed! I used a navy coloured pencil to colour the house and add detail to the snow and added snow with a Posca acrylic paint pen.


Once that was dry I was able to position the base of the globe and stencil it in. I grounded my globe with a strip of neutral plaid paper that I sponged with the same navy ink. The card was finished with a die cut sentiment from Tonic Studios, a strip of red card and a bakers twine bow.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge where the optional theme is Snow Globe; also Addicted to Stamps and More where the challenge cycle has come round to Christmas; I'm also joining in with Rudolph Day where we make a Christmas card on the 25th of each month :) I'm also linking up with The Snippets Playground - I used a scrap of plaid DSP and, from my snippets box, a tiny strip of red card, a left-over bow and a sentiment cut from a small off-cut of the same red card.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
You know that weird feeling you get sometimes, when you can't shake the feeling that someone is watching you?

And then you turn round and...


Oh. Hello Eva and Lion Fren! :)

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. This is lovely Vicky! A fabulous design and I adore the colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful still/calm peaceful scene Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! I just love this. I think this is the PRETTIEST card you've ever created. Gorgeous in those blues and what a cool image and snow globe. Now that Eva....she just wants some attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Rudolph Day card. Super scene inside the snow globe stencil and I love the tartan snippet too.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. It’s gonna be another pleasant day so Breakfast Club is outside on the picnic tables rather than up in the treehouse! I’ve put water in a bowl for Eva too and there’s a carrot to munch on if she fancies it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This wonderful Vicky, love the idea of changing what's inside the globe. I also love the blues and the red sentiment, which is also lovely. Now put everything down and see to Eva, she wants to play?
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful snow globe, Vicky! Love the depths of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this card ist just beautiful!!!! Snow globes still fascinate me today. And Eva is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Vicky! LOVE your snow globe with the plaid - marriage made in heaven. And you also used one of my favourite Christmas sentiment dies too! Miss Eva did sort of steal the show at the end though - especially with a favourite toy being cared for. Such a happy post!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your snow globe, Vicky ! So beautiful in monochromatic blue. What a great idea to have made this lovely winter scene in it. Love the addition of the plaid strip too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely delightful and thanks for joining us at June's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, - you've created such a wonderful scene here Vicky! What fantastic masking and you really did achieve a chilly, wintry feel with your skilled colouring.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the wintery blues with the pop of red from the sentiment and the building of your scene in the snowglobe is genius!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)