Pages

Saturday 23 July 2022

Nautical but nice

Ahoy there, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to a great new challenge at Addicted to CAS! Toni is at the helm for the next couple of weeks with a code word that may leave you all at sea... (I know, I know, I'm really scraping the barrel for these puns!)


Yes, it's the nautical challenge and here's my take:
 

For the background of this masculine birthday card, I used part of a new diamond shaped stencil from Inkylicious, gifted me by a lovely friend. I sponged three different blue-green inks into the stencil for an ombré ocean look, then over-stamped it with some new Lavinia fish, which I was lucky enough to win at Allsorts :)
 

Above my sea, I added some clouds courtesy of Funky Fossil's Scenic Borders stencil. One of the sailboats from Waffleflower's Lighthouse stamp set was stamped on the ocean surface using black ink. I finished with a block sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, a small yellow punched circle and a tiny red enamel dot.
 

Right me hearties, it's your turn to take the oars! Do sail over to the Addicted to CAS challenge blog to check out the team's inspiration and then use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post to share your own creations with us. We can't wait to see what you come up with!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Darnell's NBUS challenge where we post projects made with our Never Before Used Schtuff; also Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where Anything Stenciled Goes; and also Allsorts where the theme is Summer.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Here's another pair having fun in the water:


As you can see, Eva's leg is absolutely fine now! Thank you so much for your well wishes - as you can imagine, we are all very relieved it wasn't anything serious. 

PS. Also, sorry about all the terrible nautical puns today :/

 

Sending hugs,


19 comments:

  1. A fabulous shaped scene Vicky, the colours stencilling and stamps look wonderful together. Great pic of Eva enjoying the water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card so much Vicky that triangle design is brilliant love seeing the dogs enjoying themselves
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Vicky - the triangular sea was such a clever idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Great design and so beautiful! Love the dog pics, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know me, I'm a punny loving gal, so I applauded you! And your card is uber cool and unique and I love it! What does it mean that at first glance, I thought you had created a nautical card for a guy who loves sailing, fishing, and martinis!!😄Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell p.s. Glad to hear Eva is in form again and I hope your temps have finally started to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An elegant Ocean inspired summer creation Vicky, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your nautical scene, the triangle is striking, and the little sun and dot divine finishing touches. Best of all it’s lovely to see Eva back on form! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic nautical scene. Love how it was created & your little embellishments.

    Great news about Eva being fully recovered and back to having a splashing time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, unique design! Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done in the diamond stencil. Thanks also for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card is beautiful, Vicky! So glad Eva is better xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorggeous CAS card Vicky .. love your inky sea and sky, and the whole card is so stylish. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lovey your diamond shape ocean with the school of fish and sweet sailboat, Vicky! Wouldn't it be lovely to see a scene like this while we sit on the shore. sigh. So nice of you to share this at NBUS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous design, lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a well thought out, creative design Vicky - sailboats, sea and fish make for the perfect nautical CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For some reason my comment hasn't been published so here goes again.I love your nautical scene so unusual and very clever.Beautiful,stamping,masking,colouring and i just love the teeny enamel dot. As for Elsa so glad to see her back to her normal self.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this super clever design Vicky!! Great card! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card! Great to see you in the HLS gallery! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)