Pages

Thursday 25 August 2022

Masculine birthday brights

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another fun challenge at Tic Tac Toe! LeAnne has come up with a great board which will cover all your back-to-school needs but that is versatile for those of you who aren't in the school market!
 

Since my 'kids' are all in their twenties now and left school long ago, I looked for a way to make a birthday card for my eldest son. I chose the diagonal from the top left Blue/Red/Yellow.
 

I reached for a stencil that I've been dying to try, Mid Century Modern Shapes by Uniko. After selecting the inks, I created an abstract pattern by sponging them into some of the shapes on the stencil, allowing them to overlap.
 

The sentiment is a favourite from Concord & 9th, stamped in black ink, and the panel was trimmed to size with a stitched rectangle from Heffy Doodle. I linked the sentiment with the pattern using bright enamel dots and attached the panel to a card base.
 

Right, it's your turn now! Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge site to admire the beautiful samples the team has made for you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to share your own creation with us. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Seize The Birthday (no topping); as well as AAA Birthday where Anything Birthday Goes; and Happy Little Stampers Birthday challenge; I'm also joining in at Cardz 4 Guyz where Melanie would like us to Use A Stencil.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Eva's little pal has settled in so nicely and the two are enjoying each other's company. I told you that having fallen in the river, Koda has become quite the water baby and she has gone on from strength to strength. I threw a stick in the Big River for Eva the other day and before I could blink, Koda had launched herself off the river bank, swam over and whipped the stick out from under Eva's nose!
 

Don't worry about Eva's nose being put out of joint. Once I had made sure the little dog had come to shore safely, Eva got another stick to swim after. I think Eva likes having a swimming pal!

Sending hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Love how you put this card together, a fabulous design, and how lovely to see Koda become a swim champ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant masculine make Vicky,the shapes and colours are perfect for those difficult guy cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great masculine card made with that Uniko stencil and brilliant Concord & 9th words.

    Love the photo’s of Eva & Koda playing in the water. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love seeing puppydogs having fun! Our little female used to wait for her big brother to bring the stick to shore & then she'd take it! Great card for your son! I have that stencil & need to pull it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card for your son, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very late in commenting as I see I have missed so much .What a fabulous card I do love that modern design seems like it should be in a gallery of modern art.Beautiful colours and I love how it overlaps and the big bold sentiment.As for Eva and her pal how wonderful they look like they are having such fun.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)