Pages

Thursday 8 September 2022

Birthday Cheers

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another fun board bursting with inspiration at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Felicita is in charge today with a board that might get you going on your autumnal cards - or, as always, there's plenty of scope to go in a different direction!
 

I have a masculine birthday coming up in October and I thought this design might go down well! I selected the top line across Masculine/Rust or Orange/Sentiment and used a drinks stamp set from Stampendous that I was lucky enough to win in this Allsorts Challenge in the summer :)
 

The card started with the background: I stenciled a brick wall directly onto a square card base, using a variety of browns and greys and made a 'ground' with a straight edge mask and one of the brown inks. The sentiment is a mix of Greetery and Uniko stamps and was stamped at the top of my brick effect with rust colour ink.
 

Three of the glasses and a lemon from the Stampendous set were stamped onto white card and watercoloured. Once they were dry, they were fussyy cut and I went round the edges with a neuytral ink for a neat finish. These were arranged on my 'ground' and one of the glasses popped up on dimensional pads for a bit of interest.
 

Okay, so now it's your turn! Which row or column will you choose this week? Don't forget you can also choose a diagonal! Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge site to admire my team mates' fabulous creations. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to link up your own card when you're ready. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge; I was inspired by the gorgeous mood board at AAA Birthday so I'm joining in there too; Dena has chosen Anything Goes at Allsorts with an optional theme of Back To School so I'm linking up with the Anything Goes option; and also We Love Stamping where Anything Goes.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
There's a beautiful oak tree which graces a green area in our little neighbourhood. It is surrounded by ours and our neighbours' houses and on warm summer evenings we meet under it sometimes to have a glass of wine and a chat, or occasionally a barbecue or a tea party! I don't know why it never occurred to us before, but this year we have been calling it The Royal Oak. 
 
 
Lots of pubs go by that name in this country (because of the future King Charles II who survived being hunted down by Cromwell's Roundhead troops by hiding in an oak tree.) I think we need to commission our very own pub sign don't you!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. First and foremost, I would never put you into the lazy crafter category, so wipe that from your mind! I also think the card above is fabulous! The cocktails look so good and I love the way you came back with some ink to give them some definition. Awesome job! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely brilliant masculine card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious! Looks like time for a party. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Vicky, looks good enough to drink, can hear the ice clink! Your oak sounds lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a fantastic birthday card for anyone. The background stenciling and your brilliant loose watercolouring work so well.
    Interesting info on the Royal Oak - especially as we just got a new King Charles! (V V Sad about the Royal news).

    ReplyDelete
  6. These drinks look so refreshing and delicious, Vicky! Thanks so much for the warm welcome at TTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card! I love the watercoloring you've done on the glasses and the lemon. Sweet stencilling job as well. Thank you for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge this month! And do join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super card Vicky. Loving those glasses - and they're perfect on that brick background! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such life like water coloring. Great job! Thank you for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercoloring challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've used the mood board. The glasses look perfect against the brick wall. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats an awesome interpretation of the mood board..
    Thank you for joining us at AAA birthday challenge..
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of the brick wall against the drinks - great water colouring - thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card - I love the design, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can actually hear the clinking of ice against the glasses in this fabulous card.I think you should take on the signage of The Royal Oak I'm sure you would create somethin amazing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)