Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2022

Framed festive florals

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Sometimes I invest in additions to my stash which I tell myself will be brilliant because I can use them in all sorts of different ways. And then I don't have time to try all the ideas I was excited about. Does that sound familiar to you?
 

For example, I was so excited about The Greetery's Banner & Bough stencil and stamp set but although I used it to make a whole batch of cards in the way they were designed to be used (check out the cards I made with it here) I just never got round to a proper play with it. Until today!
 

Choosing a slimline card base, I started with a large bold sentiment from WPlus9's Be Merry, then stamped three of the wax flowers from Banner & Bough. I measured up and drew a frame around this using a ruler and a black fineliner pen, then added stenciled foliage with coloured pencils in three different shades of green.
 

I added to the foliage and flowers with stamped pine branches and berries, also from Banner & Bough. To finish the card I added black stalks and white highlights to the berries and coloured the flower centres and the word 'merry' with a gold pencil.
 
CHALLENGES
I was intrigued by Less is More's challenge to include a hand drawn frame on a one layer card and this is the result; Peace on Earth have a lovely inspiring mood board and I'm linking up there; I'm also joining in with Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge where Anything Christmas Goes with the optional theme of Frame; Also, since this is quite the sentiment, I'll enter again at Allsorts challenge where Pauline's theme is Add a Sentiment.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
My head might be full of Christmas but there is no doubt that the autumn season is in full swing.
 

Here's my fluffy young lady enjoying a leafy lane. It would have been great as a video as leaves were gently fluttering to the ground as I was taking the shot.


Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful statement sentiment with gorgeous stencilling and a wonderful pic of Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole layout and details of this Vicky - beautifully put together. Thanks so much for joining in with my "Add a Sentiment" challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautifully styled creation Vicky, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts 'Add a sentiment' theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky & thanks for playing along at 'Less Is More' with your lovely CAS card .... great colouring ! Sid xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vic this is absolutely beautiful! Simple but gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Just a friendly reminder that our new STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE is open and ready to see your stenciled creations. Hope you’ll come join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful card Vicky, I love how you have designed it and put it together. As for ideas, I just look then look again and still am blank. It's an inspiration. Yep! Autumn is definitely in full swing, such beautiful colours around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Christmas card Vicky. Love all the elements to it.

    Eva looks happy in her leafy shower. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love how you drew the frame and then added the greenery around it. Wonderful. I love the fall picture of the dog too! Thanks for playing over at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful CAS design, and I love the slimline format - perfect for the stamp set you used! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card Vicky! The vertical slimline design is perfect for that fabulous sentiment and I love the way you framed it with the little floral details too. So clever!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)