Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2022

Singing under the mistletoe arches

Hello, crafting friends!
 
If you were here yesterday, you'll know that I have developed a mad passion for a new stencil set! I've already used it for an autumn birthday card HERE, and today it's taking an outing as it was intended - on a Christmas card!
 

I'm using the Mistletoe Arches stencil set from The Greetery and this time I wondered if I could stencil the arch using coloured pencils. I can tell you that it IS possible but NOT recommended; the the pencils need to be sharp but they wear down really quickly in the stencil. It also takes a lot longer than using ink and dauber! I do quite like the look though.
 


The stencil set includes an arch and I used it to sponge in a pale blue background in the centre of the leafy arch. I layered over a die cut musical stave and notes, added a die cut 'joy' above it and a stamped sentiment under it following the curve of the stave. These new dies and sentiment stamps are going to get loads of use - I love the movement they create on a card front.
 

Snippets were used in the making of this card and I have a tip for you:
 

You can die cut bits from the centre of panels you want to use for matting and when you place the smaller panel on top, no-one would ever know! Double the snippets! Cunning eh?!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Rudolph Days where we make a Christmas card on the 25th of each month; I'm also joining in with the Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where Anything Stenciled Goes; The theme at Addicted to Stamps and More has come round to Die Cuts and/or Stencils so I shall link up there; I'm off to The Snippets Playground too where we share cards made with snippets; The Noted die set and the curved song title sentiment set are being aired for the first time so I shall nip over to Darnell's NBUS challenge to share them there!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I am lavishing attention on this beautiful lady this week.
 

Shhhh! Don't tell Eva!

Sending hugs,

8 comments:

  1. A very joyful Christmas card. Great stencilling and die-cutting to create this lovely card.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Looking forward to seeing your pumpkin costume at the hallowe’en party! I’m coming as an old witch complete with fake crooked nose and warts!!!!!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW the beautifully stencilled mistletoe arch is stunning and frames the stamped sentiment and diecuts perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks just as good as a Christmas card, so pretty. What a cute cat too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card, Vicky and I love that you tried pencils through the stencil - it gives such a soft and textured look that ink alone doesn't give. Just received some of this release from the Greetery and can't wait to play!
    Hope you are well
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I'm so loving the stencil and I love how one stencil can do for more than one occasion, the sentiment and music looks fabby with it, thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work Vicky - how clever to even think of using pencils with a stencil! I love the card - the dear little die cut 'JOY' is a lovely addition!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you combined the notes and the writing.
    Oh and the cat lady is really very pretty and is well fed ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so lovely. I was worth the time to do the stencil with the coloured pencils! That arch is so pretty....
    Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)