Pages

Saturday 28 January 2023

A bird in a bush

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Ages ago, I found a bargain set of dies on eBay that were perfect for a set of bookmarks I wanted to make for a friend. They were called Sparkle and Lace by Tattered Lace and as well as the bookmark shape I wanted, the set contained some animal and bird scene dies. I thought I'd try making a Christmas card with one of them today.
 

I die cut the scene and coloured it with ink and water and a paintbrush, adding snow with a white Posca acrylic paint pen when it was dry. The scene was backed with a piece of card trimmed to the same size, sponged with blue ink and with more snow added with the Posca pen.
 


I found a split sentiment from an old Stampin' Up set that fitted the width perfectly - isn't it amazing when that happens?!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Peace on Earth where there is a wonderful inspiration board featuring birds; also Rudolph Day where Maureen is inspiring us to get a head start on our Christmas cards!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
We have nearly made it to the end of January and I can't help thinking that must surely be a good enough reason to crack open the fizz! The month has featured black ice, dental issues and technical difficulties, none of which has been a particular joy :/ 
 
The beginning of February is looking much more fun though, with a day of watching my daughter try on wedding gowns to look forward to!
 

Here's a photo of a model frolicking about in a lacy little number which my daughter tells me is just the kind of thing she's looking for! Watch this space...

Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. A brilliant buy Vicky,the traditional robin scene is beautifully coloured.Hope you and your daughter have a great day shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that was an exciting day Vickie, I know as did the same with Azaria just before Christmas.

    A really elegant card, as always of course.

    I'm not trying to be an enabler but there are some new stamps on my blog that just might appeal.....just saying!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully created card!! What fun you will have shopping for yoThank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
    Diane POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}
    {Stencil Fun}ur daughters 'perfect' wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had technical issues this month too but thankfully no dental issues! Sounds like fun times ahead with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Oh this card looks so wonderful and your colouring of that fab die is gorgeous and it looks so pretty.
    I do love bird images and anything to do with birds.
    I used to feed them but I lave a fishing lake the other side of my fence and got a rat problem under my garden shed so I had to stop feeding them as the man sorting out the problem said bird feed is an antidote to the rat poisen.
    I know it's cruel but one tried to enter my house and I now live alone so it had to be done.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I just looked at the photos and thought it was a stamp. But no, it's a cutting die and the way you used it is great. I also love your delicate coloring.
    I wish you a lot of joy with your daughter when choosing the wedding dress. I still remember the day my mom and I picked out my wedding dress. It's been 18 years now, but it seems like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card Vicky. Thank for in joining fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Vicky, it looks like embroidery to me, lovely colours and design. OH! So exciting wedding dress hunting. Love the example, so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the way you coloured that die to create a scene just like the inspo photo and that sentiment is indeed the perfect fit! Can't wait to hear more about the dress shopping - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)