Pages

Friday 28 July 2023

You've got vintage mail

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I had some spare time today and sat down to play with some crafty bits and pieces. Have you noticed that the postal theme has become trendy again with Waffleflower selling out of their gorgeous new postal stamp themed stencils, stamp sets and dies in record time? Well I unearthed my Mama Elephant Botanic Envelope die set and my Holiday Foliage dies from Flora and Fauna and this is what I came up with:
 

It's a very vintage style isn't it? I don't know what came over me!! It was great fun to make though :) I made the envelope first, cutting the envelope itself and lots of fir branches and winter leaves and berries out of lots of white snippets. I coloured these with inks and daubers adding 'snow' with a white paint pen and then assembled everything and glued it together.
 

For the background I used Funky Fossil's Postage Frame stencil to create the postage stamp shape on a card base, then the Snow Flurry stencil, also by Funky Fossil, to layer a snowy background over it. I added a little putty coloured ink to the edges of the card before adding Greetery and SU sentiments and popping the envelope up on dimensional pads.

CHALLENGES
I used heaps of white snippets to make this card - only the base was not a snippet - so will frolic over to the Snippets Playground with my homework; I'm also linking up with Christmas Craft Creations and Double D Challenge where there's a Christmas in July challenge; as well as Peace on Earth where there's a gorgeous mood board but I opted for Anything Goes. I'm just about squeaking in for Rudolph Day too!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Poor Eva has a sore paw with a slightly swollen pad. These are so difficult to treat but the best remedy is rest - and that is not a popular decision as you can imagine. I am protecting the pad with a dressing and taking her for very gentle walks on soft grass but she keeps turning tragic eyes on me which are saying "Why are you not taking me swimming? Why can't I hunt squirrels? Who are you and what have you done with my Mum?!"


Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. What a super vintage style Christmas card you’ve made. I love it. Congrats on getting a load of white snippets used up too.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you on the swings later. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The festive foliage looks so fresh and vibrant against the envelope and stencilled background,a wonderful vintage style card. Poor Eva,hope she makes a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very lovely and beautiful card Vicky. So sad about Eva's paw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    oh poor Eva I hope it gets better soon.
    Love your wonderful vintage card and the design is brilliant.
    Love how you have put the foilage inside the envelope.
    Wouldn't have thought of that one.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Ella!
    Your card is stunning. Love the design, the die cuts and the beautiful background.
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.
    Maureen aka Scrappymo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this vintage envelope full of greenery and berries, Vicky! A beautiful Christmas card! I hope Eva's paw heals in record time so she can go swimming again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to step out of your comfort zone and do something else. And the result is sensationally beautiful, I love this card!!!!
    And for Eva get well soon!!! A few weeks ago our Kaito also had problems with both front paws, first one, then the other. Our vet advised us to dissolve some curd soap in warm water and bathe the paw in it for at least 10 minutes (3 - 5 days). It worked very well and maybe you can help Eva with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky, I love your flower-filled envelope so much! The postal stencil you made gives the focal point such a nice grounding. The bits and pieces in the envelope are just perfect and your white pen details are too! The snowflakes, too, are a nice addition. Thanks for joining us this month at Christmas craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the envelope and the fun ferns that comes out of it. so awesome. thank you for joining us at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the vintage style of this beautiful card! So glad you linked up with the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Vicky - what a truly stunning card! Loads of detail yet still so elegant - I LOVE it! And poor Eva - it's so hard to make an animal understand that some things are for their own good. Those eyes - I bet you melt into a puddle when she looks at you! Any more wedding photos - or did I miss some. Off for a peek!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous vintage card Vicky. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A truly stunning vintage card am not surprised it sold out over at Waffle Flower but as always the supplies are only as good as the user and you certainly created a fabulous card.I do hope that Eva is better and not feeling too sorry for herself.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vicky, you do vintage equally as well as your beloved CAS! Your card is gorgeous and it's always so fun to see what you pull together from your snippets drawer. I'm so sorry about Eva's paw - I hope she heals quickly so she doesn't break your heart every time you take a walk! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)