Pages

Thursday 3 August 2023

Always in birthday bloom

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I'm back with another fun challenge at Tic Tac Toe! I came up with the ideas on the board this week and I hope you'll be inspired:
 

Naturally there is a stencil option and I've gone for the middle row where it appears: Use a Stencil/Birthday Sentiment/Blues and Greens.
 

I recently took delivery of the Always in Bloom layering stencil set from the Greetery and it has fast become a favourite. For this card I wanted to see if I could use the stencils to embellish a large sentiment and I think it worked quite well! The birthday part of the sentiment was from Avery Elle's Big Birthday, stamped in black ink, and I added a small 'happy' from an MFT set, stamped in yellow.
 

The flowers were added piece by piece as each requires three layers of stenciling, but it was surprisingly easy to build the design. When I was happy with the result, I trimmed the panel to size, popped it up on a card base with dimensional tape and finished off with some sparkling gems.

So now it's your turn! Check out the Tic Tac Toe Challenge site where my team mates have come up with some beautiful inspiration for you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to share your own design with us when you're ready. We are looking forward to seeing your entries!

CHALLENGES
I used the beautifully versatile sketch at Sunday Stamps for this card so I'll link up there; I'm also joining in at Double D where there's a fun collaboration with Altenew and where Anything Goes with the option to Use Stencils - as if I'd turn that down!! I'm also going to  link up at Stencil Fun, one of Darlene's and Diane's other challenges where Anything Stenciled Goes with optional Butterflies; and yet another of their challenges (they have SO much energy!!) Four Seasons, where Anything Summer Goes.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
You've heard of the expression 'happy as a pig in clover' haven't you? Well...
 

... it turns out that goldens girls are pretty happy in clover too  - especially if there's a river close by!!

Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Simply stunning stencilling and stamping Vicky,a beautiful card, love the pic of Eva and friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. We chose the same line this time Vicky! I love your delicate stenciled stems and the colors you used on them - so pretty stamped on each end of your sentiment! Thank you for having me as Guest DT again this time! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So stunning, Vicky - amazing! Love these simple pretty stems around that gorgeous sentiment - it all flows gorgeously! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card you’ve made Vicky. Love the big sentiment and the beautiful stencilling.

    I thought I was seeing double when I saw your final picture!!! Good to see the goldens having fun. Looks like Eva’s paw has healed, so that’s good news.

    Happy Friday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully created card, the goldens are beautiful too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D, Stencil Fun and Four Seasons!
    Diane DD SF and FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card Vicky, the large sentiment and the flowers go so well together, love the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see why that stencil has become a favorite...makes a beautiful card!! Great take on our “Be Bold” sketch over at Sunday Stamps. Thanks for playing long with our sketch challenge!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SSC314

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers stenciled around the sentiment look simply delightful, Vicky! They make a delicate and pretty impact on your wonderfully CAS card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful stencil, love your colors and design! Thanks so much for playing along in our special Double D and Altenew Collaboration, Anything Goes Stencil Optional Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely floral card! I love your color choices and layout. Thanks so much for sharing and playing along at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome sentiment and made even better with the pretty floral sprays! Awesome job with these stencils, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a different expression and it's not quite as nice as your but it does involve pigs hahah.Fantastic card and I do love how you have combined the stencil with the sentiment and those colours,wow,they are gorgeous.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons and please stop by again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's amazing what you can do with stencils, your card is the best proof.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those blue flowers Vicky - they frame that sentiment beautifully and I love the fine line detail. Fabulous and a great board too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)