Pages

Thursday 17 August 2023

Playing with plaid

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's a Tic Tac Toe Challenge day today and Betty has come up with a great board:
 
 
What I love about these boards is that the ideas in each box can be adapted for almost any occasion. I chose the top row: Red/Patterned Paper/Die Cuts and, since I'm growing my Christmas card stash, used it to make a festive card.
 

While rooting about in my designer paper drawer earlier in the week, I came across a snippet from a gorgeous pad of plaid paper - a much appreciated gift from a lovely friend. I glued it to a card panel and then trimmed the panel down with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle. The 'to the world' part of the sentiment was stamped in red ink under the plaid panel and I made the 'joy' part from the Greetery's Slim Alphabet dies. Each letter was cut several times from offcuts of red card and stacked together for dimension.
 

Next I brought out lots of white offcuts and cut curvy brackets using The Greetery's Noted die set, and lots of pine branches and berries using the Holiday Foliage die set by Flora and Fauna. The brackets were positioned around the word joy and I coloured the foliage and berries with ink and sponge daubers adding snow with an acrylic paint pen. I made a swag out of these, curving it around the sentiment.

Right! It's your turn now! Which column or row will you choose this week - or will you opt for one of the diagonals? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge blog and check out the gorgeous sample my team mates have made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to link up your own card. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Happy Little Stampers Die challenge where Anything Goes; I'm also nipping back to Jingle Belles with another entry for their Pine Trees or Branches challenge;


AND IN OTHER NEWS
We're having funny old weather at the moment! It's warm and sunny most of the time but it will often rain overnight, which makes it humid and plays havoc with my hair do! I am deeply envious of a certain natural blonde...
 
 
...who can get her hair wet, leave it to dry naturally and it always looks fantastic!!

Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Red and green plaid is perfect for this beautiful Christmas card, love the diecuts and layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky this is a fantastic collection of bits and pieces to make a beautiful festive card! The lettering and foliage look great against the plaid, without detracting for the colour and pattern detail. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have this talent of getting a few bits together and making the most gorgeous cards. It’s your attention to detail and composition that make them so interesting and beautiful. It’s funny how we get used to things too……I missed the other news……it’s not all about cards, we bloggers care about each other too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another brilliant card from you Vicky. Love the plaid paper and your placement of all the elements xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty plaid for Christmas and a lovely fir sprig and berries to enhance it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky... adorable card! absolutely love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning and very elegant card Vicky, so many lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the trailing pine boughs with the plaid ... so very glad you shared with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas card, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this... that plaid... the dangly branch, the PERFECT font for your sentiment. Every element is exactly right! So happy you could join our Christmas Tree fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)