Pages

Wednesday 6 December 2023

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I've been using up some more snippets today in my quest to get some more Christmas cards made. 
 
 
This panel of designer paper from UK store The Works was a left over piece. It was tall enough to fit an A6 card front but not wide enough, but I thought it would make a nice vertical panel with white margins either side. At first I couldn't figure out where a sentiment would work but then I realised that if I turned the snippet upside down; then the main 'star' would be in a better place for a scene and the sentiment could go at the top!
 
 
I tore a sticky note, held it in place over the designer paper and sponged in a hill just below the star using black ink. To emphasise it, I sponged a tiny bit of white craft ink above the hill line. The shepherd and a sheep were die cut from white snippets using a nativity set from Gemini. I cut a couple of extra sheep, so my shepherd could be watching a flock by night rather than just the one! They were coloured with markers and attached to the panel, with the shepherd and one of the sheep popped up on dimensional pads.
 

The sentiment is from Hope and Peace by Stampin' Up, stamped on the DSP with versamark and heat embossed in white. Finally, the panel was glued to a card base.

CHALLENGES
I used a left over snippet of designer paper and some snippets of white card for this card so I'm off to The Snippets Playground with it in my satchel; I'm also joining in with Try it on Tuesday where the theme is Traditional Christmas;  The optional theme at Happy Little Stampers Christmas is Festive Animals - as it is also at Double D, so I'm linking up there too.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have taken Lulu to a fenced off wooded area which runs alongside a field which is home to sheep for much of the year. She hasn't come across sheep before and predictably she was quite excited by the them, possibly thinking they were some kind of weird dogs! This was where Eva had her 'Leave It!' training with sheep and I hope it works as well for Lulu! Naturally I would never let her off lead in a field with sheep in it but you have to train for all eventualities. Once, when Eva was a pup, we were walking on a familiar path and found that a couple of ewes had escaped from their field. Thanks to her training, Eva was able to cope well with what could have been a difficult situation.

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. A beautiful paper snippet for your lovely Christmas card.

    Training dogs is so important. I watch Dogs Behaving Very Badly each night and am constantly amazed at how the right training turns a dog around.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Meet you up in the treehouse for a mug of hot choc xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made great use of that snippet....it turned out perfectly! Love the little sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created a wonderful scene using the diecuts and sentiment,I can imagine the shepherd taking his sheep to the nativity stable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Vicky. Genius how you used that paper, and added a hill (the white halo clever too), it creates a perfect scene. Good luck with the training xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Christmas card!! Sounds like some great training for Lulu!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest} I've left you some 'love', please stop by and do the same for me!!
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with the card because I really like scenes from the Christmas story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely nativity scene, Vicky. The panel really stands out against the white card front. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare this is such a lovely card. I love sky, and the star. It's a beautiful take on the meaning of Christmas. Thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a perfect Christmas card, Vicky! Your paper makes such a lovely night scene and the sponged hill adds such depth! I love how you've popped up one of the sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous use of your snippet Vicky - such a beautiful scenic Christmas card.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore your traditional Christmas scene Vicky, what a great idea to turn the paper and use it for the lovely shepherd scene. As for dogs and sheep, yes, a few more dogs need to be trained as you are doing. Sorry I’ve not visited in a while, life has been very hectic, I hope to visit more often now?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this - the sky is just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fantastic traditional card for Christmas, thank you for linking with us at TioT;s.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)