Pages

Monday 1 January 2024

Stripes and flowers for a happy new year

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Today I had some fun in the Craft Square Metre! I had some card panel-sized papers from Stampin' Up on my desk, very kindly gifted me by a lovely Blogland friend, and I challenged myself to make a New Year card with them. In the end, I used just one of the papers with a white and a green snippet of card. Come and see:
 

The paper is double sided and I loved the combination of the bold stripe and the floral in fresh pink. I cut a third of the paper off, turned it over then trimmed the pieces as one piece with a stitched rectangle from Heffy Doodle. The pieces were glued to a card base and the join was covered with a strip of green card, trimmed at the edges to fit the width.
 

To make a focal point, I reached for SU's retired Pretty Perennials set and stamped a flower and leaves on the white card snippet. I fussy cut this and popped it up to the left of the join. The sentiment is from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks Christmas, stamped on the remainder of the white card in green ink. I snipped it out with scissors and glued in place on the joining strip. To finish, I added some enamel dots to the flower centre.
 

Here are the snippets I used - yes, I actually remembered to photograph them before making the card! 
 
CHALLENGES
Eva and Lulu heard there were sausage rolls left over in the treehouse at The Snippets Playground and have taken me for a walk there, so it's lucky I had my homework in my duffle bag!
 
 
I've just spotted that Sue J's theme at Make My Monday is New Year, so I shall link up there too.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Today's card is an unusual new year card perhaps but I am so fed up with the darkness and the rain and the mud and was trying to convey a bit of brightness and hope for 2024!! 
 

This scene has become the twice-a-day view for me when walking my gorgeous girls - a pair of muddy bottoms! That's Lulu on the left with the ear flappage, while Eva is a more sedate trotter! This was the beginning of the walk so you can tell that I love them very much as I am highly allergic to mud.*

*This may not be actual medical data!

Sending hugs and wishes for a happy, healthy and bright new year!

11 comments:

  1. I think it’s a PERFECT New Year card. You definitely want warm, cheerful colours and pretty flowers and this card has that in spades. Love it.

    Happy New Year to you Fren.

    Hope you recover from mud allergy very soon!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground and for bringing the golden girls with you to hoover up the last of the sausage rolls!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful New Year card,made me think of summer,it's a stunner.I don't envy you trying to keep the girls clean

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Vicky - love these soft flowers, and great job with those papers! A perfect note for New Year's! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't played with my leftovers in a while, I haven't had much time. And soon I'll have even less time, you know why!! So for now I'll marvel at your card. Gundi
    DotMCC
    Dream Factory

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card design using this pretty paper Vicky, Happy New Year to You !
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great use of patterned paper and makes a lovely New Year's card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allergic to mud !!!! Oh dear and having to live in the UK with that medical condition !!! The girls look so happy and am sure they don't suffer from the same malaise .Your card is super pretty and the soft colours are so very cheery.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card Vicky - I adore the paper you used, SO pretty. And the girls did make me smile here - after three days with no hot water I need all the smiles going! All fixed now, thankfully!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, a nice flower. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges, happy New year to you. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)