Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2024

Berry Christmas

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It was Rudolph Day yesterday (the 25th of the month) and I made a Christmas card... but didn't get it photographed before I lost the light.  Oh the trials of a crafter and blogger! Anyway, it's here today instead:
 

It's a really simple card - a white card panel embossed with Altenew's Berried Cotoneaster embossing folder, coloured with coloured pencils and inked around the edges with pale blue ink. I added a sentiment from a Uniko set and mounted the panel onto some muted red card before attaching to a card base.
 

Coloured pencils are maybe not the ideal medium for colouring embossed panels but it does work. I liked the soft colours here which I thought gave a kind of frosty look.
 
CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Rudolph Days of course; also ABC Christmas where E is for Embossing, and Can You Handle the Pressure where Anything using Embossing Folders Goes, with an optional theme of Birds. The EF was having its first airing so I'm taking it over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I went shopping at my local pet food shop yesterday. While I was in the middle of loading bags of frozen meaty chunks and sprats into the boot of my car, a diminutive lady came round the corner with a large chocolate lab. The lab took one look at me and voted me Shopper of the Year. He made a beeline for me, bringing the tiny lady with him - perhaps rather quicker than she would have liked! She and I had a nice chat and the lab allowed me to make a fuss of him, but alas, there were no treats forthcoming and he walked away dejectedly, wondering how he could have been so deceived in a person!

Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Love the frosty look your pencils gave this beautifully coloured embossed panel, a wonderful CAS Christmas card Vicky,the poor lab must have sensed how much you love dogs,hence his disappointment when no treats were forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - loving the delicate colouring of the foliage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love the fabulous embossed cottoneaster and delicate colouring.We have a hedge of cottoneaster and the birds love the berries,love the story you mudt of looked like a treat giver lol.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Rudolph Day card. Love the coloured pencils on the embossed areas. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very lovely! I also love the look the colored pencils give to the embossed panel. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas for the E is for EMBOSSING part of our challenge! :)
    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your choice of pencils for the coloring produced beautiful results! Very soft and lovely. Sophie and I went to the pet supply store today. All those toys and treats and her only focus is the people. She loves to meet and greet everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, dog owners never have boring lives, do they? A lovely card, I like the colored penciling, it does look frosty, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the gentleness. Poor Lab, no treat, but bet it loved the fuss 😃xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful coloring of the embossed details. This makes a very nice card.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card does indeed have a frosty look, it's gorgeous. Love the soft colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the soft colors from the colored pencils, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again you show a technique that I have never tried before. It looks really beautiful. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your use of this embossing folder! I tend to just emboss and move on but your colored pencils make it truly beautiful! And I'd never heard the phrase "rudolph day"! I may have to add it to my calendar and maybe get a head start on Xmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful and elegant - love the effect of the colouring on embossing.

    Thanks for sharing your card at The Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)