Pages

Saturday 30 March 2024

Easter blessings

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Today I'm showing you one of this year's Easter cards which uses up snippets of very old paper and card, and a ruined card base, and uses an interesting ink technique!
 

I used the back of a ruined card base to create a panel. I stenciled a 'glow' on it using Clearly Besotted's Sunny Day stencil sponged with yellow ink. I wanted to depict the crosses of Jesus and the two criminals but didn't have stamps, so I used the edge of a piece of card dipped in an ink pad to create them - sometimes you just have to be a bit resourceful!! - then filled in with a brown marker.
 

The 'green hill without a city wall' (which always confused me when I sang it as a child!) was cut out from an offcut of some very old SU paper using an oval die from a nesting set. I added a snippet of contrasting paper at the top and cut the whole panel to size with a stitched rectangle from Heffy Doodle.
 

For the sentiment, I cut a small oval from the panel and replaced it with another oval stamped with the word 'Blessings'. The large Easter die cut is from The Greetery and was cut from a snippet of card which matched the hill paper. The card was finished with an assortment of sequins and enamel dots.
 
CHALLENGES
I used Amy's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for this card so will link up there; Krafty Chicks has an All Occasions challenge and Addicted to Stamps and More has its Any Occasion challenge going on so I'm joining in at both.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
When you have a dog that has lived four years of her life in another household, you really don't know how they'll react when they come across something new. Today, we were walking up a lane when a horse and rider came round a corner. Eva was right beside me and I put her on lead immediately; Lulu ran towards the horse - eek! BUT...  I called her, she turned on a sixpence and ran back to me. I was able to pop her on lead and walk past the horse and rider with a cheery remark about the weather. Eva is great around horses but I didn't know about Lulu and I was SO proud of her!

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful Easter card, Vicky! All your bits went together perfectly and I love your improvised crossed! That die cut sentiment is so perfect for Easter with the t looking like a cross! I'm sure Lulu got a well deserved treat, Eva too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Easter card using your ingenuity.

    Well done to Lulu for remembering her recall training despite her wish to make another 4-legged friend. All down to your good training. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dogs sound like treasures!
    And that card is wonderful, love all the special touches you gave it, including McGyvering your crosses!
    Have a blessed Easter, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Vicky, a wonderful card depicting the three crosses on the hill

    ReplyDelete
  5. A work of art. Good girl, Lulu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Vicky. I love how you created the crosses, very clever and great job recycling a ruined card too. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Easter card Vicky the colours and design are fabulous so glad the dogs were good around the horse I think Bella would be she is such a soft little girl
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful Easter card! I love how you made the crosses. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect Easter card
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! Your creativity on the crosses shines (quite literally with the sun rays). So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the simplicity--very elegant

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)