Pages

Sunday 5 May 2024

A hugely happy happy birthday

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I'm living in Birthday Land at the moment as lots of friends and family celebrate their special days around this time of year. Today I want to show you a really quick card that I made for my brother's upcoming birthday:
 

The bright striped paper is a Stampin' Up design given to me by a lovely friend. I trimmed a little smaller than a card front and cut off the top at an angle.
 
 
Along the top I positioned the die cut word 'happy' from Uniko's Big and Bold Happy die set. I cut several of these out of yellow card and stacked them together for some nice dimension. I topped that with a birthday sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks stamp set, stamped in red ink and snipped out. That's it, very quick and simple :)

CHALLENGES
Kim's fabulous 'cut on an angle' sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week was my inspiration for this card, so I'm linking up there; I'm also joining in at AAA Birthday, where the theme is Clean and Simple birthday cards; The sentiment is the main focus of this card so I'm playing at Word Power too.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
The nesting season is in full swing in my tiny garden and loads of birds, mainly sparrows, robins and blackbirds are busily popping in and out of the ivy and making exciting rustling noises. Eva takes it all in her stride and although she gets quite interested when the fledglings start to learn to fly, I am pretty confident she wouldn't harm them. Lulu, on the other hand, spends a lot of time watching them...
 

... and I cannot be sure that there are no dark hunting thoughts going on in that pretty head! You will be glad to know I don't leave her unsupervised in the garden!!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. A fantastic masculine make Vicky,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful and fun! A perfect birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect card for your brother, the striped paper looks fabulous with the big happy!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
    Diane WP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Word Power}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to have that diagonal sentiment! I love it with the colorful stripes. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and perfect for all three challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant male birthday card - proving that not all masculine cards need to be in shades of black, grey and brown! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What perfect masculine card! The paper is ideal. I love how it all worked out. It would be tempting to make a bunch of them with different papers. That's me with my cabinet full of paper talking. Lulu looks very relaxed and harmless in the garden, but you never know. Looks can be deceiving! I'm excited that we're expecting some warm temps and sunshine later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fine-looking card for your brother and Happy Birthday to him! Your dogs seem quite calm about the birds, at least they aren't stamding at attention, ready to pounce, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, Vicky! The die-cut happy works with the stripes perfectly. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely awesome! This super cheery birthday card makes such a creative take on the sketch! That big "Happy" combined with the colorful stripes is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I just love this!! That yellow 'happy' is so bright and cheery and compliments those fun stripes perfectly! I know you don't use a lot of DSP, but when you do you really make it sing! On the subject of nesting season - I have two bird boxes with blue tits nesting. One has 7 hatched chicks, but the mama in the other seems to have fallen prey to my neighbour's cat as she hasn't been seen for the last week - so my other 10 may remain in their shells unfortunately. Circle of life and all that, I guess ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! What a bright and happy masculine birthday card, I love it. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)