Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2024

Impressionist flowers

Hello, crafting friends!
 
And hello June - yikes, isn't that half of the year already gone?!! At the Flower Challenge, we have a brand new theme for you:
 

This month we're challenging you with a sketch:
 

 and, as usual, we want to see flowers headlining in your creation! Here's what I came up with:
 

I was really intrigued by that central panel and chose to interpret it with two embossed lines on my card front inset with a piece of a favourite designer paper trimmed to fit. Before attaching the paper, I sponged it lightly with a blue-green ink, fading out towards the top.
 

The flowers and foliage are from The Greetery's Fleur Impressions. I stamped the pretty blooms in pinks and yellows and fussy cut them, positioning them over the panel and popping the largest up on dimensional pads. The sentiment was placed in my stamp positioner and inked up with blue and grey markers for an ombré effect. It was cut into a flag and tucked under the large flower. I emphasised the dreamy look with some delicate sequins from my stash.

Okay, so now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Flower Challenge blog and check out all the wonderful cards my team mates have made to inspire you. When you've made your own, you can share it with us by using the Linky Tool at the bottom of the challenge post. Have fun - we can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm joining in at We Love Stamping, where the optional theme is Fabulous Florals and where the team are celebrating 15 fabulous years! What an amazing milestone! I'm also playing along at Allsorts where Anything Goes or there's an optional Many Layers challenge.



AND IN OTHER NEWS
Forgive my absence over the past week; I have been celebrating my birthday and have had lots of visitors and treats and days out! The giddy social whirl has now calmed down much to my golden girls' relief. There have been some 'You're not going out and leaving us AGAIN are you?' looks on their little faces. They are happy to have me back doing my chores around the house and garden - although they prefer to have me sat down crafting, where they can keep their eyes on me and remind of their great need for sustenance or exercise, depending on the time of day!

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. What a pretty thank you card. Love those blooms.

    So pleased you had a good birthday with lots of fun and treats xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your birthday celebrations,seems as though you had a wonderful time, a beautiful card in gorgeous pastel tones

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely floral card, Vicky! Happy week, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had the most wonderful birthday ever. Happy belated birthday wishes to you. I love your card Vicky, it's "simply" beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Vicky, the pastel panel makes a lovely background for the pretty flowers. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant and soft card Vicky, love the idea of the scoring and the blended paper to interprete the band of the sketch! Sweet and classy roses too.
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Birthday wishes Vicky. Beautiful soft and delicate blooms and a lovely take on the sketch using them for the circle elements. Many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and We Love Stamping.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely soft and pretty card Vicky, glad you enjoyed a fab birthday week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You kept the background simple so that the flowers could be fully presented.
    And I send you my warmest belated congratulations. Stay such a happy and funny person. Gundi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those embossed lines a great design touch and your overall card is so pretty and cas. Glad you enjoyed your birthday even if the girls didn't! Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oops and We Love Stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful this is, Vicky! My eyes rest peacefully on the clean lines of the sketch with your pastel blooms as the focal point. Lovely! I'm glad to hear you've been celebrating your birthday. It doesn't take much to set the blogging and blog visiting behind. Between Sophie, excursions with friends, and my various appointments this week, it's not easy to find crafty and computer time. The girls will be glad to have you settle down. In the meantime -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Vicky! It sounds like you had a fun time celebrating! Your card is delightful with these sweet flowers and the pretty designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great take on the sketch. I love your flowers and the central panel. Beautifully CAS too. Happy belated birthday to you and thanks for joining us at we love stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday, Vicky. I'm glad you had time to celebrate. Your card is so soft and delicate and the flowers are true to their name, impressionistic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday, Vicky! And what a pretty card - those impressionist flowers look like they just popped out of a Renoir or Monet painting and are the stars of the show on you clean, crisp card. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)