Pages

Monday 4 January 2010

The january image for my calendar

Last year I couldn't find a calendar that I liked that was the right size to fit in the space I have in the hall. So I decided to make one.

I didn't make an actual calendar, just a page a month. That way it didn't take up all my time and it meant that I could get a feel for the seasons as I went along. I enjoyed doing it so much that I'm carrying on.

Here's January! And only a tiny bit late...


...and here's a close-up.



The backing paper is by Basic Grey - I adore their papers. I layered on some torn grey-blue vellum to give an icy look and stamped seed heads and grasses by SU in black. Then I punched snowflakes in thin paper so they'd curl a little and drew detail on them with a silver gel pen. I glued the small ones on and attached the larger ones with a silver brad. Once I'd added a little silver detail on the grass heads and matted the whole thing onto some Real Red cardstock I was finished. (You can click on the image to see the detail if you like.)

Now my calendar is up to date - ha! A pun!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)