Pages

Sunday 14 February 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

This house is bursting with lurve today. I snuck downstairs very early to pop all the little gifts and cards at everybody's breakfast setting and so there were loads of hugs and kisses and squishes for breakfast this morning!

I've already shown you some of the cards I made for my scrumptious family but here are one or two other little bits and pieces.

I made this card for my youngest son whose favourite colour is orange - would you have guessed? I like the way the hearts go shiny with a touch of white gel pen and of course the stitching... I am in love with stitching on cards.

Here are some cute origami treat boxes I made for the boys. A great big thank you to Janelle for the link to this amazing origami site where there are all sorts of fun things waiting to be made!

I bought some packets of Love Hearts and some little bars of chocolate to put in the boxes. The chocolate wasn't very Valentinish - could that be a word? - so I took the wrapper off, folded the foil back carefully and put these new wrappers on. I had run out of time so the new wrappers were lightning quick - just thin paper, sponged with ink and stamped with images from the Clear Choice Love set.

For my husband I'd bought a CD I'd found at a local market by Dickie Valentine (this may seem a little odd but he loves to try all sorts of music!) I made a little case to wrap it in out of a sheet of A4 paper, very simple and very useful so I'll post a tutorial at some stage. It's stamped with hearts from the Clear Choice Love set and a sentiment from the Stampin Up set Seasonal Wishes.


It's a murky old day here, perfect for curling up in the afternoon with someone you love and watching a film like Love Actually or A Lot Like Love with a mug of hot chocolate and some heart-shaped marshmallows.
Aaaaaah! Big love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)