Pages

Tuesday 9 February 2010

More vintage chic

It's definitely vintage-a-gogo here at Crafting Clare's Paper Moments! Here's another card with that 'atticky' feel. This time it's very feminine with a touch of the boudoir about it - think satin chemises, fragrant baths, crystal perfume bottles, strings of pearls...

It's easy to make. Here's how:


1. Cut a piece of SU Very Vanilla card stock 3 7/8" square and stitch a border 1/4" inside the edge using blush coloured cotton (I am loving this stitching!) Distress the edges slightly and sponge them with Blush Blossom ink.
2. Cut a piece of black and white paisley DP 3 7/8" x 2" (mine's by Anna Griffin - check out her inspirational site; you can access her blog from there too.) Adhere it to the left of your vanilla stitched square and sponge it with the ink too.
4. Fix a piece of black satin ribbon where the papers meet, letting the ends hang off slightly, and snip the ends diagonally with sharp scissors. (My lovely SU demo Michelle always tells me to keep a pair of scissors solely for use on ribbon. Now what did I do with them...?!)
5. Print or stamp a vintage-feel sentiment in black on Very Vanilla. Keep a straight side to the right of your sentiment and tear the rest into a rough triangle shape. Distress the edges and sponge them with Blush Blossom ink.
6. Place the sentiment on top of the ribbon and stitch the straight side to the vanilla card below.
7. Now adhere the whole thing to a mat of black card stock measuring 4 1/8" square.
8. Punch three small black flowers (I used the SU Three for You punch), add an adhesive pearl to each and position in the bottom left hand corner of your square.
9. Make the large flower by using the SU Scallop Circle punch on Very Vanilla card, snipping in towards the centre between each 'petal' with scissors and sponging the edges with blush Blossom ink. Punch another vanilla flower shape, this time using a smaller flower punch (mine was a Woodware one) and repeat the snipping and sponging. Layer the flower shapes together and top with a cream button threaded with black embroidery floss tied in a bow. (The button I used is a gorgeous, vintage one - the pride of my collection. You can tell that this card is intended for someone I like a lot!) Fix the finished flower to the top right hand side of the square overlapping the ribbon and the sentiment.
10. Now cut a piece of Very Vanilla 10" x 5" and fold it in half to make a card base 5" square. Adhere your decorated square to it - and there you are with a finished card!

I've just realised I didn't do any stamping on this card and I'm getting rubber-withdrawal systems. See you tomorrow for inky fun!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Vicky (especially that flower)! Love your set-up to it, too. Reminds me that I need to go take my long-overdue shower. Nothing like a day in your PJ's, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Very elegant and vintage! Love the color combo and your layout! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)