Pages

Monday 7 June 2010

Lovely as a Tree notelets

I thought I'd show you some more of my little notelets today, this time using the beautiful oak tree stamp from the Lovely as a Tree set. I photographed them side by side so that you can see the effects you get from the different colouring techniques.


For the card on the left, I used Earth Elements markers to colour the stamp and then stamped the tree on Whisper White card stock. The sky and the grass has been sponged in using sponge daubers.

In the card on the right, the tree was stamped in Old Olive ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and then coloured in using my blender pen. It gives a softer look. I used a sentiment that is almost as wide as the tree and that really grounds the image so that it doesn't need a background.

Supplies for the left-hand card
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Happy Moments
Ink: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Earth Elements markers, sponge daubers

Supplies for the right-hand card
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Trendy Trees
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Other: Blender pen

Lovely as a Tree is another stamp set that I've used again and again. People often ask me which stamp sets I'd recommend - well this is another real favourite. One of the reasons I've used it so much is that it is incredibly versatile - it's good for male cards, female cards, Christmas and Easter cards, spring, summer and winter cards of any occasion. I've used it to make background paper, gift tags... well actually, it would be quicker to provide a list of what you couldn't do with it! There are six images in the set for £22.95 - bargain!

So, I've wistfully sent my children back to school and the summer weather has deserted us. I think I need to cheer myself up...

...Luckily it was my birthday recently and my lovely sister gave me The Stamp Set of my Choice! I've been thinking about it a great deal and I'm almost sure it's going to be Vintage Vogue from the mini. Thank you Dawnie! Nothing is as exciting as a new stamp set!

I'll be back tomorrow with some end-of-term thank you cards and some gift ideas.
See you then!

6 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to love this stamp set too, seen so many lovely creations with it. Great colouring techniques.
    Gem
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great little cards, Vicky. That is one stamp set that I've eyed for years and have yet to purchase. Hmmm. Maybe this will be the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely cards Vicky, the colours are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky ! Happy Birthday for your recent birthday! Now that's MY kind of present! My family always groans when I say I just want stamps! And Vintage vogue would be so great- I don't have it but there are so many examples of lovely things that you can do with it around! Hope summer comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky - I love the fresh, clean look of all of your cards. They are lovely! I just signed up to follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)