Pages

Friday 6 August 2010

Bird on a Branch cards

Bird on a Branch is another of the two-step stamp sets on special offer at the moment and it's another set that will work hard for you throughout the year. One of the things I love about it is the stunning sentiment. I like a 'thinking of you' sentiment when I'm sending notecards - and I use a lot of notecards!

The two cards I'm showing you today are very different.


The first is quite a wintery card - in fact, with a few adaptations this would make a great Christmas card. I made a background by sponging Whisper White card stock with Bashful Blue ink and added a piece of torn designer paper in Sahara Sand. (If you're wondering how I got hold of designer paper in one of the new colours - well it's from a whole paper stack of different colours! If you host a stamping party, it's one of the items you can choose for free if orders reach £150 or more.) The branch, the bird and the sentiment were stamped in Basic Black and the panel matted onto Real Red card stock. I added some of this glorious satin ribbon knotted onto one of the SU clip assortment and doodled a tiny heart next to the sentiment, then adhered the whole thing to a Kraft card blank sponged round the edges with Whisper White craft ink.

Supplies
Stamps: Bird on a Branch
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Kraft, Real Red, Whisper White
Other: Designer series paper stack (hostess set), Clip assortment, Real Red satin ribbon, Real Red marker

The next card couldn't contrast more - it's got quite a tropical feel!


I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and sponged it with Tempting Turquoise, Garden Green and Summer Sun to make my focal panel. It's hard to see in the photo but I inked up the bird with Summer Sun and then added Handsome Hunter directly to the stamp with a marker to get a two-tone bird. Once I'd stamped it I went over it with a Versamark pen  and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder so that it would resist any ink I stamped over the top. Next I stamped the sentiment, the branches and the blossom, positioning them with my stamp-a-majig. The panel was matted onto Handsome Hunter card stock. I wanted this focal image to really stand out, so I mounted it with dimensionals onto another panel of Whisper White which I stamped with a random pattern using the blossom stamp. That in turn was matted onto Tempting Turquoise card stock, then onto a Whisper White card blank.

Supplies
Stamps: Bird on a Branch
Ink: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Handsome Hunter
Other: Versamark pen, clear embossing powder, Handsome Hunter marker

I have had so much fun with this today! If you'd like to roll your own sleeves up and get inky with Bird on a Branch, the good news is that there's 20% off the price for UK customers in August. The set of 5 stamps was £14.95 and it's now a snip at £11.96 - yes, that's less than £2.50 a stamp! Have a look at the table at the top of my blog to find more stamp sets at 20% off and if you'd like to grab yourself a bargain, email me here to order.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
See you very soon.

6 comments:

  1. these are just gorgeous :D Love the romantic and soft feel of both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very different and lovely looking cards. You are right, the first could be a winter/holiday card with just a change of sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely but for me, the first is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of them and it's hard to choose the one I like best but the second has the edge I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, these 2 cards make me want that set. The cards in the catalogue SOOOO don't !!! You need to be making cards for the catty !!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)