I adored the way the ribbon from the top of the gift in the stamp set turned into a heart on its own so I used it to make a card for someone lovely!
How to make this card
- Colour just the 'ribbon' part of the gift stamp with a Bold Brights marker and stamp it on Whisper White card stock. Do this nine times with different colours.
- Cut the hearts out with paper snips and glue them to a 5.5 cm square of Sahara Sand card stock.
- With dimensionals, mount the heart panel onto a 5.5 cm square of Pixie Pink card stock (it's the same size so that you only catch a flash of the pink when you turn the card to the side.)
- Attach the panel to a 9 cm square Sahara Sand card blank.
Stamps: Darling Dots
Ink: Bold Brights markers
Card stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Pixie Pink
The second card is quite male I think.
How to make this card
- Stamp a 9 cm square Kraft card blank with the star stamp using versamark ink. Sponge the edges with Whisper White craft ink.
- Cut a 3 cm x 7.5 cm piece of Whisper White card stock and cut the corners out with a 1/4" circle punch. Add decorative piercing with a paper piercer and sponge the edges of the panel with Sahara Sand ink.
- Stamp the star three times using bright colours on a scrap of Whisper White card stock and cut them out with paper snips. Attach the centre star to the panel with a dimensional and glue the other two either side.
- Position the sentiment with a stamp-a-majig and stamp it in Only Orange.
- Adhere the focal panel above the sentiment.
Stamps: Darling Dots, Occasional Greetings
Ink: Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, versamark, Whisper White craft ink, Sahara Sand
Card stock: Kraft, Whisper White
The hostess sets in the current catalogues will only be available until the 30th September. The same goes for many of the inks and papers, as Stampin' Up will be retiring some of the existing colours and bringing some gorgeous new ones in. If you have any favourites that you can't do without, now is the time to stock up. Why not have a party and earn yourself a fabulous free stamp set at the same time? I can highly recommend Darling Dots!
I'll be back tomorrow with Three Minute Thursday when I'll be using my favourite hostess set of all time.
Hope to see you then!