It was so quick to make a background by masking off stripes with post it notes and pressing my ink pad directly onto the card stock between. The flowers are stamped in clusters over the background to get that vintage chintz effect.
It was such fun I had to make another in a different colourway. I wondered what blue would be like...
Mmm - I like the blue. But how about yellows...
Ooh yes - I like that too. Now let's try...
But I had to stop there because my family were making hungry noises!
Here's how to make this card
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 9 cm x 18 cm and fold it to make a 9 cm square card blank.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 7 cm square. Using two stickies from a post it pad, mask off one stripe at a time and press alternate colours of ink pad directly onto the square of card stock.
- Stamp three separate clusters of flowers and leaves on top of the background, leaving a space on the top right hand corner for the sentiment. Add centres to some flowers with a marker.
- Stamp your sentiment using a stamp-a-majig for placement.
- Mat the focal panel onto a 7.5 cm square of coloured card stock and adhere to the card blank.
Stamps for all cards: Itty Bitty Buds, Happy Moments
Ink: (Flowers) Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Old Olive. (Background) Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink
Card stock: Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy
Other: Bravo Burgundy marker
Ink: (Flowers) Ballet Blue, Regal Rose, Old Olive. (Background) Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Card stock: Whisper White, Ballet Blue
Other: Night of Navy marker
Ink: (Flowers) Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive. (Background) Certainly Celery, Summer Sun
Card stock: Whisper White, Really Rust
Other: Ruby Red marker
Oh dear, this has turned into one of my mammoth posts hasn't it? If you're still with me, thank goodness for you! But can I just say one more thing: As a demonstrator, I buy heaps of stamp sets and I have to be very sensible about which ones I keep at the end of the season because I don't have the space to keep them all. Itty Bitty Buds is one set I definitely won't be parting with - I return to it time after time and I love it to itty bitty bits!
Okay, I'll go away now. If you come back tomorrow, I promise I'll do a nice, short, proper post!
See you then.