Aren't the colours delicious? I can't tell you how difficult it is for me not to show you cards made with all the new colours but demonstrators are asked to keep it all under wraps until 1st October! Oh, by the way, if you have already placed an order with me for £30 or more in September, YOUR NEW CATALOGUE IS ON ITS WAY!!! Happy browsing! (If you'd like a free 2010/2011 Ideas Book and Catalogue, check the top of my blog for details of how to get one!)
Here's how to make today's card:
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 7cm wide x 7.5cm high. Colour the oak tree stamp with markers and stamp onto the card stock. Pierce a frame around the edge of the panel.
- Cut a piece of Old Olive designer paper 9cm wide x 11.5cm high. Cut a contrasting piece 9cm wide x 5cm high and trim two 1/2 cm strips off the 5cm height. Attach the larger piece to the Old Olive dp and add the strips to the top and bottom, leaving a slight gap.
- Adhere the designer paper panel to a Bravo Burgundy card blank and add the tree panel on top.
- Make bunting by stamping some scrap Very Vanilla card stock with the foliage image from Tiny Tags. Cut out with the star punch and snip the triangles off the star (thanks for that tip Monica!) Draw a line across the top of the Old Olive dp with the thin end of a Chocolate Chip marker. Glue the bunting to the line.
- Stamp a sentiment onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Cut out and mount on a slightly larger piece of Bravo Burgundy. (TIP: I used the bottom of my tag punches which takes the guess work out of cutting and gives a neat look.) Attach the sentiment to the card front.
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Tiny Tags, Vintage Labels (retired)
Ink: Bravo Burgundy
Card stock: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla
Other: Papers from the Sweet Pea designer paper stack, markers, star and tag punches, paper piercer
By the way, it's worth mentioning that the Sweet Pea designer paper stack from the mini catalogue is on the Last Chance List. It used to be £19.50 for 48 sheets of quality double-sided designer paper - and I thought that was a bargain! The price has now been slashed to £9.75 - that's 20p per 12"x12" sheet! It's almost rude not to!!! Check the Last Chance List here - and hurry to avoid disappointment as items are selling out on a daily basis now. Click here to send me an email when you're ready to order and I'll get straight onto it for you.
There'll be more crafting fun here tomorrow.
Do come back and join me!