Pages

Monday 20 September 2010

Nature's Nest thank you

Good morning! Today, I'm saying farewell to another Stampin' Up favourite colour - Taken With Teal. I am an enormous fan of the Colour Renovation, and can't wait to start using all the delicious new hues, but of course we all have favourites that will be bowing out at the end of the month. I urge you to check the Last Chance List here for yours as Stampin' Up have added new discounts and there are some absolutely unbelievable bargains up for grabs!  When you've made up your mind, just send me an email - I'm always happy to help.

Here's the card I made today:


I used my new best friend the En Français background stamp on the Taken With Teal layer. I ADORE this stamp and can't believe it took me so long to get it - you'll be seeing quite a lot of it I think! I thought it worked really well with the feather image from Nature's nest that always reminds me of a quill!

Here's how to make this card:

  • To make the card blank, cut a sheet of A4 Whisper White in half lengthwise and score it at 1.5 and 2cm to make a decorative embossed double line. Now score and fold the card stock in half. Tear the front of the card diagonally from the double line to the top of the fold.
  • Cut an A6 piece of Taken With Teal and round the top righthand corner. Ink up the background stamp with Taken With Teal ink and press the card stock down onto it. Glue this inside the torn card front.
  • Use a stamp-a-majig to stamp the feather twice. Add a sentiment and a swirl to the design and finish with a small button tied with linen thread.

Supplies
Stamps: Nature's Nest, Season of Joy, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Taken With Teal, Glorious Green, Night of Navy
Card stock: Whisper White, Taken With Teal
Other: Corner rounder, button from the Playground assortment, linen thread

Hope you all had a great weekend. Do you find that sometimes you need another weekend to get over the weekend?! Sometimes I feel there's a lot to be said for simplifying life...

Thank you so much for dropping in today. I have loads to show you throughout the coming week so do come back and visit again.
Have a good week!

10 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Vicky. I love that feather stamp and the colours you`ve chosen work wonderfully.
    Thanks so much for your comments on my blog. They mean a lot.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Vicky - one of my favourite colours too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous. Love the feather stamp and the background stamp. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty card - but then I'm a sucker for peacock blues and greens. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful. I love the feathers...mmmm might add that one to my wish list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - very elegant !
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful in teal. Really lovely composition and images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is adorable. I love it.
    So simply and so beutiful.
    Gorgeous stamps.

    I wish you wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card is really beautiful, very elegant, like someone said before. The background stamp is lovely.

    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is simply stunning, looks so lovely in your chosen colours.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)