This set first made its appearance in the summer mini catalogue and has been so popular that it will definitely be carrying over to the new catalogue (OUT SOON! See the top of my blog for details on how to get your copy!) I absolutely adore this set and of course it's not just for vintage-style cards. I'm using the classic Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry colour combination today.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 6cm square. Stamp it with foliage and a large flower. Sponge the edges of the card stock with Whisper White craft ink.
- On a separate scrap of Crumb Cake card stock, stamp another large flower and a small one. Cut them out and attach them to the square with rhinestone brads.
- Cut a piece of Old Olive card stock 7cm x 8cm and tear it on the diagonal. Attach a loop of ribbon to the front, letting the length of the ribbon fall slightly further than the edge of the card stock. Mount the floral panel on top.
- Ink up the En Français background stamp with versamark ink. Cut a 9cm square card blank and press it down onto the stamp (this is often the best way of using a background stamp.) Sponge the edges with Whisper White craft ink and add the floral panel.
- Stamp a sentiment on another scrap of Crumb Cake card stock, cut out using the word window punch and sponge the edges. Attach to the front of the card.
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, En Français, Occasional Greetings
Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White craft ink, versamark
Card stock: Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Other: Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon, Clear rhinestone brads
I'm off to a big Stampin' Up training event later so I've got a few bits and pieces to prepare for that. Demonstrators will be coming from all over the country and we always get very excited when we get together. It's always lovely to chat to people that share our passion!
Whatever you have lined up for the weekend, I hope you have a wonderful time.
See you very soon.
PS STOP PRESS! Stampin' Up have just announced further discounts on the Last Chance List! Some of these prices are just totally unbelievable now! Check the Last Chance List here for your chance to bag a bargain!