Pages

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Perfect Punches birthday card - new colour!

I'm really enjoying showing you cards I've made using Stampin' Up's new colours. Today I'm using the colour that excited me most when I saw the new range - Cherry Cobbler, a really classy, elegant red. Not that I've done anything classy or elegant with it today! - but come and see anyway:


More of that gorgeous Greenhouse Gala paper is on show here - and just to show you how versatile this range is, I thought this card would be particularly good for boys. The fabulous birthday sentiment is from the Perfect Punches stamp set and it can be cut out effortlessly using the coordinating punch - all of the stamps in this set have a coordinating punch. Have you spotted the piercing adding definition to the edges of the gorgeous Pacific Point panel? It is so quick and easy to do this using the template from the Mat Pack that I find myself reaching for it all the time!

How to make this card:

  • Cut a A4 sheet of Cherry Cobbler card stock in half vertically. Score and fold in half to make a card base.
  • Cut a panel from the Greenhouse Gala designer paper about 8cm x 12cm. Trim the bottom into spikes with paper snips, following the pattern of the paper. Glue to the card base.
  • Cut a piece of Pacific Point card stock 6cm x 9cm. Sponge the edges with Pacific Point ink and pierce a border round it using your paper piercer and the template from the Mat Pack. Attach to the designer paper.
  • Colour the birthday sentiment stamp with markers and stamp onto a piece of Whisper White card stock. Cut out using the extra large oval punch and fix to the blue panel with dimensionals.
  • That's it!

Supplies
Stamps: Perfect Punches
Ink: Pacific Point
Card stock: Cherry Cobbler, Pacific Point, Whisper White
Other: Brights markers, Greenhouse Gala designer paper, extra large oval punch

My goodness! That was so quick and easy that it was almost a Three Minute Thursday! No, no! I haven't forgotten what day it is again I promise! But talking of Three Minute Thursday... don't forget to pop in on Thursday as I am planning to tell you about a special offer then! But before then, there'll be more new colour inspiration - do join me tomorrow for that!
Thanks for dropping in today!

4 comments:

  1. great card Vicky love the design and colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to use that patterned paper. It looks great with the new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments you have left on my blog - I'm feeling much better now. You are right Cherry Cobbler is a gorgeous colour and looks fab on your birthday card. - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very classic and elegant card! Cherry Cobbler is one of my favourites, too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)