I know that not everyone has much time to spend playing with their crafting supplies and that's why I introduced Three Minute Thursday - I wanted to inspire those who are frustrated by time constraints. I also know that the festive season creeps up on us all and many of us feel rushed off our feet as Christmas approaches. That's why I designed today's card - a three minute, handcrafted card to make someone feel special!
Season of Joy is a fabulous and versatile stamp set (it can be used for all sorts of other cards as well as Christmas ones - watch this space!) and I love using the poinsettia image as a One Sheet Wonder. It makes such a bold image that it can easily hold its own against the striking striped grosgrain ribbon which is the real star of this show.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut an A4 sheet of Very Vanilla in half vertically, score and fold into a card blank.
- Cut another piece of Very Vanilla card stock 7.5cm wide x 10.5cm high. Ink up the poinsettia image with Cherry Cobbler ink and stamp all over the card stock. Lightly sponge Certainly Celery ink over the top using a large piece of sponge (sponge daubers aren't big enough for this - I cut up inexpensive car-wash sponges).
- Tie a piece of striped grosgrain ribbon round the panel and tie into a knot. Trim the ends.
- Use the panel as a guide for where to place the sentiment and then use a stamp-a-majig to stamp it accurately in Cherry Cobbler ink.
- Attach the poinsettia panel to the card front with dimensionals.
Stamps: Season of Joy
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Certainly Celery
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Other: Striped grosgrain ribbon in Old Olive
And there we are - so quick and simple!
Ribbon is a fantastic way to add something special to your cards but if you're anything like me you'll want lots of different colours and types - which can work out to be a bit pricey. That's why I've put together a special pack of ribbons for you, giving you a choice of one or two metres of all the main colours in a variety of styles.
Here's what you'll get:
in Old Olive, Real Red and Marina Mist
1/8" TAFFETA RIBBON
in Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso and Marina Mist
3/8" TAFFETA RIBBON
in Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink and Basic Black
WIDE STRIPED GROSGRAIN RIBBON
in Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy and Old Olive
1/4" GROSGRAIN RIBBON
in Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Whisper White
5/8" GROSGRAIN RIBBON
in Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery and Early Espresso
in Whisper White
in gold and silver
POLY STITCHED RIBBON
in Concord Crush
For 1 metre of all the above ribbons you pay only £14.95 inc p&p
For 2 metres of all the above ribbons you pay only £26.45 inc p&p