The bird from Notably Ornate is a big favourite of mine and I think he looks very comfortable bearing the olive branch of peace. I can already imagine him doing all sorts of other tricks throughout the year, so watch out for him! The Serene Snowflakes are gorgeous too - and perfect for those quick One Sheet Wonders!
How to make this card:
- Cut an A5 card base from Whisper White card stock.
- Cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock 14.8 x 3cm and glue it to the card base.
- Cut a piece of designer paper 13.5 x 7cm and layer it on top of the Cherry Cobbler.
- Take a piece of Night of Navy card stock 10 x 7.5cm and crimp half of it. Fix it on top of the designer paper with dimensionals.
- Cut a 14.5cm length of Marina Mist satin ribbon and cut an inverted V in the ends. Layer on top of the crimped card stock with Snail.
- Cut a piece of Marina Mist card stock 8cm square and stamp it with the cluster of snowflakes using Whisper White craft ink. Sponge the edges of the card stock with the ink. Attach this on top of the ribbon with dimensionals.
- Cut a 10cm length of Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and cut an inverted V in the ends. Layer on top of the stamped card stock with Snail.
- Stamp a sentiment and cut out with the extra large oval punch and fix on top of the ribbon with dimensionals. Cut a branch with the two-step bird punch, snip its lower leaf off and glue to the oval. Stamp the bird on a scrap of Whisper White card stock using Night of Navy ink. Cut him out with paper snips and add his eye with a white gel pen. Fix him to the card front with dimensionals so that it looks as if he has the branch in his beak.
Stamps: Serene Snowflakes, Notably Ornate, Season of Joy
Ink: Real Red, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy
Other: Marina Mist satin ribbon, Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, two-step bird and extra large oval punches
When I make cards I usually use stamps from the same set - after all these stamps have been specifically designed to work beautifully together - but every now and again I like to look at all my stamps (I have them displayed on narrow shelves above my desk) and just let myself go! And today is one of those days - phew! I feel quite giddy! What will I do next I wonder?!
Tomorrow is Three Minute Thursday! Are you ready for another nippy little card to add to your Christmas card stash? See you tomorrow then!