I started with this Very Vanilla version...
...then tried it out with Crumb cake card stock.
I was just about to see what it looked like with Sahara Sand but unfortunately Life happened! (I bet it would have been the best one!)
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a 9cm square card blank in a neutral colour.
- Use the Music Notes wheel and a neutral ink to add two lines of music to the front of the card.
- Add a sentiment in Real Red ink.
- Make a poinsettia-style flower: punch two 5-petal flowers and one of the pointy flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch; layer them together and secure with a gold brad. Add the flower to the card front with a dimensional.
- Round the top right hand corner with a corner rounder.
Stamps: Contempo Christmas (sentiment)
Ink: Early Espresso, Real Red
Card stock: Any neutral (Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake or Sahara Sand)
Other: Music Notes wheel, 5-petal and Boho Blossoms punches, gold brad
While I was figuring out this card, I experimented with the Jolly Holiday designer paper and came up with this simple design.
I like the contemporary lines of this card but it actually took longer than using the wheel! Nevertheless it's still a very quick card so I thought I'd show you anyway. The sentiment is from one of the stamps in the Gifted set which I'm finding very useful. And don't forget - you get a free spool of exclusive ribbon when you buy Gifted as part of a bundle with the Jolly Holiday designer paper!
There are other special bundles too - check here for details.
I really appreciate you dropping in to visit my blog today and I hope you've enjoyed your time here.
I'll be back with more inspiration tomorrow, so why not pop back then if you have a minute!
Have a happy Thursday,