I wanted to get a shabby chic feel, and I'm rather pleased with the result. The trim makes me think of broderie Anglaise.
These little berry sprigs from the Autumn Days set are a little fiddly to cut out but, armed with my sharp paper snips and my turbo reading glasses, it was a very therapeutic activity! I love how they look layered up with dimensionals.
I put a drop of Crystal Effects on each berry which turns them all glossy and gorgeous. If only my photography skills were half as glossy and gorgeous you'd be able to see what I mean!
How to make this card:
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 7cm wide x 9cm high and scallop one 7cm edge with the scallop border punch. Pierce each scallop with your paper piercer. That will be the top of your panel.
- Score a line 2cm up from the bottom of the panel. Turn the card stock over to find a decorative raised line.
- Using a stamp-a-majig for accurate placement, stamp the sentiment just under the line. Stamp a winter sprig to the left of the sentiment.
- Stamp the same sprig twice more on scrap card stock and cut out with paper snips. Layer these up with dimensionals (cut the dimensionals to size so that you can't see them.)
- Punch a hole just under the scored line on the left using a 1/8" hold punch. Thread with 1/8" taffeta ribbon and tie in a bow.
- Mount the panel onto a 7.5cm square of Real Red card stock using dimensionals and glue to a 9cm square Old Olive card base.
- Add a drop of Crystal Effects to each berry and leave to dry.
Stamps: Autumn Days, Gifted (sentiment)
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
Card stock: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White
Other: Scallop border punch, 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Old Olive, Crystal Effects
Now it's time to plan for another action-packed weekend! Sleepovers, parties, visits to friends, trips to the cinema... there's never a dull moment! Hope you all have a very happy weekend too.
Next week, I'll be announcing some special Christmas news for my lovely customers so watch out for that! Hope to see you then,