My daughter decided to have a joint party with her lovely friend, whose birthday is next week, and the girls asked if they could make invitations for the event. I was delighted to organise it for them and we all had a great time! They threw themselves into production with great enthusiasm and a lot of laughter and this was the result:
Isn't it fab?! Just look at that creature, having a whale of a time... (Can you even believe that I just said that!!! I'm afraid I have been influenced by those bold girls!)
How to make this card:
- Cut Whisper White card stock 3 inches x 6 inches, score and fold in half to make a card blank.
- Cut a piece of Pacific Point card stock 2 1/2 inches square. Sponge it with Whisper White craft ink and add extra ink to the edges.
- Stamp the whale image on it using Night of Navy ink.
- Tear a piece of vellum and position it so that the whale peeps out above it. Fold the sides over the main panel and secure with tape.
- Stamp the sentiment and cut out with the word window punch. Fold it behind the main panel, pierce a hole and add a brad.
- Attach the panel to the card base.
Stamps: Fox and Friends, Basic Phrases
Ink: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Vellum
Other: Word window punch, Pumpkin Pie or Daffodil Delight brads
Here are the girls concentrating on their creations (my daughter is on the left).
They had an absolute ball making these and I think they're tremendously professional.
I would like to point out that the daughter I'm talking about is the very same daughter that calls me Crafting Clare in a most sarcastic way! Hmmmm!
Thank you for dropping in on the birthday celebrations today. Tomorrow I'll be showing you how this invitation gave me the idea for another fabulous Christmas gift idea. Do come back and see!