I really like this neutral colour palette with flashes of colour and, although you can't see them very well in the photo, the rhinestones in Dasher's antlers sparkle beautifully. My observant regular readers might notice yesterday's cut-out sentiment reappearing today - I love this look and the sentiment is incredibly easy to cut out!
How to make this card:
- Cut an 8cm square piece of Crumb Cake card stock.
- Using a piece of torn scrap paper as a mask, sponge in some snow using Whisper White craft ink. Sponge the edges of the card stock too. Craft ink remains wet for longer than dye ink but a quick blast with a heat gun speeds things along!
- Ink Dasher up with Basic Black ink and stamp him onto the snow on the right of the card.
- Fix three basic rhinestones to his antlers and give him an eye with a white gel pen.
- Wrap Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon around the left of the card and secure with tape.
- Stamp a sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock using Real Red ink and cut it out. Attach it across the ribbon using dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black card stock 18cm x 9cm. Score and fold it in half to make a 9cm square card blank and adhere the main panel to it.
Stamps: Dasher, Contempo Christmas (sentiment)
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: Basic rhinestones, 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Old Olive
Well it's Friday and time to plan for the weekend. And talking of planning, it's my lovely daughter's birthday next week! We were chatting about getting older and I asked her where she saw herself in three years' time. "A bit taller," she said promptly. "And hopefully with nicer clothes!" She is an expert in living in the present and, after all, there's plenty of time to think of the future!
Have a great weekend!