This week I've used Season of Joy - one of my favourite sets. Why is it one of my favourites? Because although it looks like just a Christmas set, it is a hard-worker all the rest of the year too.
The swirl, the large and small flowers and the star are perfect for all sorts of cards which makes this a very desirable set to me! And, by the way, another great reason for getting this set at the moment is that when you buy it with the So Swirly jumbo wheel, you get to choose one of four enormous reels of gorgeous, exclusive ribbon free! That could be your Christmas wrapping sorted! Click here for more details.
Oops! I've got distracted! Let's move onto today's fast card!
I'm using the snowflake today! Now, this is another One Sheet Wonder - you can stamp a whole A4 sheet with this design and simply cut it up to make lots of cards. You may have noticed that the sentiment has been cut out and be wondering how on earth that can be a feature of a three-minute card! Well, you're right - I wouldn't normally suggest cut-outs on a super-fast card, but this card is SO fast and the sentiment is actually very easy to cut out and, when I timed it, the card came in at three minutes!
I checked it three times, using different colours! I love the way it looks against the busy background.
This Not Quite Navy version is my favourite.
How to make this card:
- Stamp an A4 sheet of Whisper White card stock with the snowflake stamp in your chosen blue ink. EDITED TO SAY: Of course I didn't do this for the three minute card! I stamped a piece of 8cm square Whisper White. But it IS useful to know that if you were making multiple cards it would be quicker to stamp the whole sheet.
- Cut a piece 8cm square and mat it onto a piece of Real Red card stock cut 8.5 cm square.
- Attach this to a 9cm square card blank cut from your chosen blue card stock.
- Stamp the sentiment and cut it out. Mount it on dimensionals and attach to the card front.
- Add a rhinestone to the centre of the nearest snowflake above the sentiment.
Stamps: Season of Joy, Contempo Christmas (sentiment)
Ink: Real Red, Not Quite Navy (or Pacific Point or Tempting Turquoise)
Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Not Quite Navy (or Pacific Point or Tempting Turquoise)
Other: Basic rhinestone
I really enjoyed making these cards and it's a winning formula! Try it with different stamps for other occasions - I'd love to hear how you get on!
Can you believe that tomorrow is Friday already?