I got very excited about making this background out the ornamental stamp from Bliss, one of the free Sale-a-bration sets. There's a touch of the boudoir about it, I think, and it definitely required some of these glamorous rhinestones! I adore the flower in this set too.
The sentiment is part of my beloved Hopeful Thoughts stamp set, cut out with the modern label punch and mounted onto Basic Black card stock.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock, 10cm x 20cm. Score and fold to make a card base.
- Using a stamp-a-majig, create a damask-style background with the ornamental stamp in Basic Black ink. (TIP: start in the middle and work outwards so that the card feels symmetrical.)
- Colour the part of the sentiment you want using an Old Olive marker. Stamp onto Whisper White card stock and cut out with the modern label punch.
- Mount onto a 6cm x 2.5cm piece of Basic Black card stock. Fix to the card front.
- Stamp the flower three times in Old Olive ink on Whisper White card stock. Cut them out with sharp paper snips and decorate the centres with adhesive rhinestones. Arrange the flowers around the sentiment and fix with glue and/or dimensionals.
Stamps: Bliss (free Sale-a-bration set), Hopeful Thoughts (sentiment)
Ink: Old Olive
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Other: Old Olive marker, Basic rhinestones
It would probably be a good idea to make a few more of this card as I have an idea that a few more of us might be going down with something in the gloomy old winter weeks to come!
Thank you for dropping in today. I do appreciate your visits and am always keen to hear your views and suggestions. I'll be back tomorrow for Three Minute Thursday when I'll be in romantic mood!
Hope to see you then,