Are you attending a wedding this year? Or perhaps someone you know is getting engaged? Well here's a simple but effective card that you could rustle up in minutes using Bliss, one of the stamp sets you can choose free in the Sale-a-bration promotion (click here for details).
This makes me think of vintage lace, of elegant Grace Kelly in a swirl of cream with scarlet lips... Perhaps I'd better get on with the hoovering to bring me back down to earth!
The ornamental flourish has been stamped in River Rock - which looks glorious against the Very Vanilla card stock. The tiny hearts are snipped from the smallest flower on the Boho Blossoms punch. They come out differently depending on how far into the centre you snip and I love the idea that each represents a very different person. You could use the small heart punch if you wanted to save time though!
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock in half lengthwise. Score and fold to make a card base.
- Ink up the ornamental flourish with River Rock ink and stamp slightly off the card front.
- Using a stamp-a-majig for placement, stamp the Bliss sentiment in Early Espresso ink.
- Use the stamp-a-majig again to stamp 'wishing you' above it. (I used an Early Espresso marker to colour just those words on a larger sentiment stamp.)
- Punch two small flowers from textured card stock using the Boho Blossoms punch. Snip one heart out of each flower, making them slightly different. Glue the hearts onto the card front.
- Add tiny pearls.
Stamps: Bliss (free sale-a-bration set), Hopeful Thoughts
Ink: River Rock, Early Espresso
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Real Red textured card stock
Other: Early Espresso marker, Basic pearls
I hope you've enjoyed my romantic Three Minute Thursday today. Of course, with valentine's day coming up there may well be more hearts and flowers on this blog over the next few weeks! But tomorrow it's time for butterflies and bunting.
See you then,