Here's today's card:
The pretty flower image is from one of the free Sale-a-bration sets Sweet Summer (click here for details) and the 5-Petal punch echoes the shape nicely. The circle ice brads are among my favourite embellishments - you get four different colours in three sizes - and I chose a medium-sized, light blue one to add a touch of sparkle to the flower.
A large flower needs a large sentiment, and this thank you is one of four useful stamps from the Thank You Kindly set that I turn to often.
Here's the card in a different colourway I found in the amazing Colour Coach - More Mustard, Whisper White and Basic Black. I think I prefer this one! The black brad is from the Neutrals assortment and the ribbon is the delicious black satin.
The Colour Coach is a really handy tool containing swatches of all the Stampin' Up colours with loads of suggested colour combinations and room to add your own current favourites too.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a 9cm square card base.
- Mask off the top 4cm with a post-it note and stamp the flower image all over it.
- Stamp a sentiment above the stamped portion of the card on the right-hand side using contrasting ink.
- Punch two flowers from matching card stock using the 5-Petal punch. Pierce a hole through the centre and secure with a brad.
- Cut 10cm of ribbon and use snail to adhere to the top of the stamped portion of the card. Trim the ribbon decoratively, leaving a little to overlap the side of the card.
- Attach the flower to the left of the sentiment over the ribbon with a dimensional or Sticky Strip.
Stamps: Sweet Summer (Free Sale-a-bration set), Thank You Kindly
Ink: Night of Navy, Riding Hood Red
Card stock: Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red
Other: Light blue brad from the Circle Ice assortment, Night of Navy 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
The house is very quiet now that my children have gone back to school and I really miss their company. Thank goodness for Sale-a-bration! The free stamp sets are available only while stocks last so, if you are planning to take advantage of this offer, order soon to make sure you get the sets you want! I'm always here to help - just click here to email me.
I have a wedding/engagement card to show you tomorrow using the Sweet Summer set, which has astonished me with its versatility! Thank you for dropping in today,