It was simple to create the floral background: First, the flowers were stamped in Real Red, then the gaps daubed with Certainly Celery ink, then the whole image overstamped with the swirl from Baroque motifs using River Rock ink. By the way, if you've been ignoring this colour, you might want to think again! River Rock is a very subtle goldish colour - perfect for this kind of overstamping or as a neutral background. I'm finding myself using it more and more.
The floral design was quite flamboyant and could easily cope with competition from the stunning wide, striped grosgrain ribbon. The ribbon costs £10.25 for 9.1 metres, comes in 11 colours and you can always rely on it to add the wow factor to your projects!
Do you recognise the little Happy Birthday tag? Yes, it's the scalloped square image from the Punch Bunch set with the scallops cut off! I love this look and it's yet another example of how versatile these stamps are.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a 7.5cm x 10.5cm piece of Very Vanilla card stock.
- Colour the open flower on the poppy stamp with Real Red ink and stamp it onto the card stock. Repeat this until the card stock is covered with poppies. Sponge Certainly Celery ink in the gaps with a sponge dauber. Stamp the swirl from Baroque Motifs over the design using River Rock ink. Define the centres of the flowers with a Basic Black marker.
- Stamp the scalloped square image on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla using Real Red ink. Trim the scallops off and adhere the resulting tag to the underside of the poppy background.
- Tie a piece of Real Red, wide, striped grosgrain ribbon round the poppy panel and tie into a flat knot.
- Cut a 9.5cm x 5cm piece of Very Vanilla card stock and scallop one long edge. Mount the poppy panel onto this and attach to the front of an A5 Certainly Celery card base.
Stamps: Punch Bunch (Free Sale-a-bration set)
Ink: Real Red, Certainly Celery, River Rock
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Other: Scallop border punch. Real Red, 1 1/4" striped grosgrain ribbon
It's now less than a week until the end of the Sale-a-bration promotion - where has the time gone?! If you haven't found time to get your free stamp sets yet, you really need to get your skates on! Remember you get to choose a free set for every £45 you spend and there are four exclusive sets to choose from. Click here to see the gorgeous stamp sets and for more ways to earn your free sets, and then contact me by email or by calling 01280 820593. I'll look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks for visiting today and, if you're looking for inspiration for really fast cards, do come back and have a look at Three Minute Thursday tomorrow. Until then, happy crafting!