The design is very simple and relies on the strong horizontal lines which were drawn with a ruler and the thick and thin ends of a Real Red marker. Because the ink in the markers is dye ink, it dries almost instantly and doesn't smudge. I love the pop of red against the Safari Sand card stock!
The little bird is one of my favourite images from all the free Sale-a-bration stamp sets. He's from Bliss and you could still get your hands on this set by spending £45 with me! After Monday though, the Sale-a-bration promotion will be over and the sets will no longer be available.
Here's the card again - in Crumb Cake this time. I was experimenting with where the lines should be! The 'texture' below the lines is the Sandy Speckles wheel. I love this kind of stamp as it's perfect for adding a bit of depth to a plain area or souping up a background and, at only £6.50 for the wheel, it's definitely worth trying out!
The sentiment is from the So Happy For You Sale-a-bration set - which contains sensible sentiments you'll use over and over again.
How to make this card:
- Cut a 15cm x 7.5cm piece of neutral-coloured card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base.
- Use a ruler to draw a straight line across the card front (about 1.75cm from the bottom of the card) with the thick end of a Real Red marker. Add a line above it using the thin end of the marker.
- Add texture below the lines with the Sandy Speckles wheel, using the same colour ink as the card stock.
- Stamp the birds in Early Espresso ink, using a stamp-a-majig for accurate placement. You only need to tilt the bird very slightly to get different positions.
- Add the sentiment with the stamp-a-majig.
Stamps: Bliss, So Happy For You (FREE Sale-a-bration sets)
Ink: Early Espresso, neutral (I used Safari Sand or Crumb Cake)
Card stock: Neutral (I used Safari Sand or Crumb Cake)
Other: Sandy Speckles wheel
I've been away in Tynemouth since Saturday and, although we all had a lovely time, it is good to be back in my little house. I've been trying to catch up with you all, but please bear with me if I haven't yet got to you! Thank you for checking in with my Three Minute Thursday today and if you'd like to take advantage of any of those free Sale-a-bration sets, do contact me very soon either by emailing me or by calling 01280 820593. I'm always very happy to hear from you!