I don't usually use loads of stamp sets on one card, as I want my readers to be able to recreate them without too much expense, but I did use several on this one - the stems and leaves were from Just believe, the flower from Growing Green and the sentiment was from Hello Again.
I used a Marina Mist card base because it reminded me of the kind of sky you sometimes get in the spring that really gives you a new lease of life! Daffodil Delight is the perfect colour for the daffodil of course, and I love both colours together with a dash of Old Olive.
Have you seen the daffodil? The petals were stamped in Daffodil Delight ink and coloured with a blender pen, while the 'trumpet' was a 1/2" circle of Daffodil Delight card stock, pleated and stuck to the petals with Sticky strip.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut an A4 piece of Marina Mist card stock in half vertically. Score and fold in half to make a card base.
- Cut a 7cm square of Very Vanilla card stock.
- Colour the stems on the iris stamp with an Old Olive marker. Use a stamp-a-majig to stamp the stems onto the Vanilla card stock.
- Use the stamp-a-majig again to add the sentiment using Marina Mist ink.
- Use a paper piercer and the template from the mat pack to pierce a border round the Very Vanilla panel. Glue the panel to the card front.
- Stamp the petal image twice onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock using Daffodil Delight ink. Colour the flowers with more of the ink and a blender pen and cut them out with sharp paper snips. Stick the centres of them to the stems you stamped earlier and curl the petals towards you.
- Cut two circles using a 1/2" circle punch and pleat them tightly with your fingers. Attach them to the centre of the petals with Sticky Strip.
Stamps: Just believe, Growing Green, Hello Again.
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Marina Mist
Card stock: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Daffodil Delight
Other: Old Olive marker, 1/2" circle punch
Well, I don't know about you but I am very much looking forward to a quiet weekend with my family. Between long car journeys, long hikes, long sleepovers and long lunches, I'm pretty well exhausted and need a holiday to get over my holiday!
Thank you so much for dropping in on my blog today. Don't forget that I'm starting my new weekly series Masculine Monday next week, so do pop back to see what I've been up to for that if you have a minute.
Have a fabulous weekend,