I think that the leaf makes a wonderful star of the show especially when teamed with this metal frame from the Hodge Podge hardware set. By the way, it's never been a better time to buy the Hodge Podge hardware because, until the end of this month, it's only £20.76 down from £25.95. What do you get for your money? Well, you get heaps of frames, ribbon slides and large designer brads in different styles, as well as 100 small silver brads! The set lasts for ages too - why not hook up with a friend and share it? Click here to send me an order by email or give me a call on 01280 820593.
Oops! I'm ignoring the leaf again! But look how gorgeous it is in a whoosh like this! I used Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Always Artichoke to stamp the leaves and then just washed the insides of them with my lovely aqua painter. (I know I've said this before, but you really NEED one of these!)
I was so pleased with the leaf that I used it for the background too! I didn't colour the background leaves though. I mounted the main panel on Always Artichoke card stock and ripped one side for extra texture. And there we go! Take a bow The-Little-Leaf-In-Lovely-As-A-Tree! Didn't it do well?!!
Here's how to make this card:
- Take an A5 piece of Whisper White card stock and score and fold it in half to make a card base.
- Stamp a leaf design with three green inks leaving plenty of white space.
- Cut a 10.5cm x 7.5cm piece of Whisper White card stock and carry on stamping the leaf design. Wash the inside of the leaves on this panel with your aqua painter. (You HAVE got one - right?!!)
- Using Early Espresso ink, stamp a sentiment on a piece of Whisper White card stock and cut it out with the designer label punch. Stick this to the small leaf panel and top with the silver frame. Pierce holes and fasten with brads.
- Cut a 7.75cm x 13.5cm piece of Always Artichoke card stock and tear one side. Mount the leaf panel onto this and attach to the card front.
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, So Happy For You (retired Sale-a-bration set)
Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso
Card stock: Whisper White, Always Artichoke
Other: Hodge Podge Hardware, designer label punch
I've probably told you before that one of the things that I love about Stampin' Up is the names they come up with for their colours. Naturally I've shared this with my family (as well as anyone else I can get to listen!) The other day my youngest son told me with great enthusiasm that he'd come up with a new colour name - 'Actually Awesome'! "It sounds great," I said, "but what colour is it?" His little face fell. "Oh! I don't know," he said...
I'll be in feminine mood tomorrow so do pop back and see what I've been up to! Thank you so much for visiting me today - I really appreciate you spending your time here.