It showcases the stunning hostess stamp set Silhouette Sentiments. This set contains four sentiments and four delicate plant images, one with a sweet bird. The little flower I've used here works well stamped repeatedly over a sponged background and the pretty leaves on the Baja Breeze mount was actually created with the stamp with the bird on it!
I love the way the sentiments fit beautifully in these frames from the Hodge Podge hardware set. This hardware is a fabulous tin packed with metal accessories - assorted frames, brads and ribbon slides. I would usually recommend the set but I do so even more enthusiastically this month as it's on special offer - only £20.76 down from £25.95.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a 7cm square of Whisper White card stock.
- Using a post-it note, make a mask to fit the frame from the Hodge Podge kit. Stick the mask onto the card stock where you want your sentiment to be.
- Sponge the top half of the card stock with Marina Mist ink and the bottom half with Certainly Celery ink.
- Colour the flower stamp with Pacific Blue and Old Olive markers and stamp onto the sponged background. Repeat this until you've made a little garden on your card stock.
- Remove the mask and stamp a sentiment in the white space using a stamp-a-majig for accurate positioning.
- Cut a 9cm square of Baja Breeze card stock.
- Making sure the bird won't show when the floral panel is attached, stamp the bird-on-leaf image all over the edge of the card stock, using Baja Breeze ink. Glue the floral panel in place.
- Pierce holes in the card stock and attach the frame with brads.
- Cut a 10.5cm x 21cm piece of Whisper White card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base and glue the panel to the card front.
Stamps: Silhouette Sentiments (hostess set)
Ink: Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, Not Quite Navy (sentiment)
Card stock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Other: Hodge Podge hardware, markers
Hostess sets aren't available to buy but are available as a free gift. You can get your hands on this one by doing any of these things:
- Hosting a party where orders total £150 or more.
- Ordering £150 of goodies
- Or by joining my Stampers 6 club.
In all of these cases you get at least £15 of free products of your choice from any of the current catalogues as well as the free stamp set! I know! Crazy but true! To find out more, do email me - I'm always happy to answer any of your questions.
Thanks for dropping by today. I very much appreciate your comments and emails and always love returning your visits where possible.
See you tomorrow!