Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Easter treats using Nursery Suite papers

With Easter just round the corner, it's the time for making special little treats. When I saw the Nursery Suite papers in the catalogue back in October, I immediately thought of this time of year. The pastel-coloured bunny paper is perfect for making little bags which can contain mini eggs or perhaps these:


How cute are these smiley rabbits?!!! I bought them from the sweet shop in Buckingham which sells proper old-fashioned sweets in those big jars, as well as seasonal items like this.


These bags are the perfect size to pop a bunny in! I love the spring colours these papers come in and enjoyed finding the taffeta ribbon to coordinate with them.


I made the treats for the lovely daughters of a friend. The tags are decorated with the girls' initials - and I cut out a rabbit from an off-cut of paper to peep out from behind them.


The letters have been cut out using the Timeless Type Junior alphabet dies run through the Big Shot. I always imagined you had to use large sheets of paper with these but, in fact, you can use tiny scraps. I've had my Big Shot and box of alphabet dies since March and have used them over and over ever since. I really cannot recommend them highly enough and suggest that if you don't have them, play the birthday card with loved ones or save up for them yourself  - they are well worth the outlay. Don't forget that I can order these for you - or anything else from the Stampin' Up catalogues. Just email me or give me a ring on 01280 820593. I am friendly and helpful and always happy to help and advise if you'd like me to.

The bags are 2, 4, 6, 8 bags made from the rabbit paper in the Nursery Suite range. Click on the diagram below to enlarge the instructions.



Here's how to make the tags:
  • Cut a tag from Crumb Cake card stock using the small tag punch and mount onto a tag cut from Early Espresso card stock using the large tag punch.
  • Punch a hole through the top of the tag using the 1/8" handheld punch.
  • Using sharp paper snips, cut a rabbit from a scrap of the rabbit designer paper.
  • Cut a scrap of card stock in Pretty In Pink or Marina Mist card stock and place on the die over the letter you want. Run through the Big Shot.
  • Glue the rabbit to the initial so that it looks as if it's peeping out from behind the letter. Attach to the tag.
  • Tie the tag to the bag with a piece of coordinating taffeta ribbon. 

Supplies
Card stock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pretty In Pink or Marina Mist for the initial
Other: Timeless Type Junior alphabet dies, Nursery Suite designer paper, tag punches, 1/8" handheld punch, Pretty In Pink or Marina Mist taffeta ribbon

Yesterday, my boys went swimming with friends. They are allowed to swim unaccompanied by an adult at the age of eight but because my ten-year-old is small for his age, he is always interrogated about his age. When asked if he was eight he replied with a vehement 'yes!' Inside the pool there is an exciting  float activity you can only use if you're older and when the life guard tried to stop him from going on it the older boys assured him the lad was ten.
"Why did you tell me you were eight then?" asked the life guard.
My son gave this a moment's thought. "Well, I wear age eight boxers," he said.

Thank you for joining me today. If you're thinking of having a bit of a party on 29th April to celebrate the royal wedding, you might want to pop back tomorrow to see my funky invitation. Hope to see you then,

11 comments:

  1. Love these cute easter treat bags Vicky! Great idea to use the nursery suite appers!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super treats Vicky, right up my street not to have to colour!
    the bunnies look FAB
    In answer to your question, for my crown card I did run a strip of ds tape at the very top of the back of the card, near the spine, then I stuck a strip of gold to hide it. But I do sometimes run a line of a glue pen along the spine, it;s just my Quickie pen was deciding to not be too 'wet' on this occasion. normally works well!
    Thanks for commenting
    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm chocolate .....
    Oh, sorry, great projects!
    Gem
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely project Vicky, I've not heard of 2,4,6,8 bags before.
    Just love those old fashioned sweet shops, we have one in our local town too.
    Great punch line from your son, sounds like you could have a future comedian on your hands :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Vicky! Just my thing - I think I'll be trying these bags out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little Easter treats look gorgeous - so do the bags to put them in! -Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Vicky. You're never to old for a treat bag, especially one that's full of chocolate. C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous little bags ! Love the tale about your son - Bless !
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute Vicky, the girls will love them. Just got the alphabet dies for my birthday but not had time to try them yet :0(
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, these are really lovely, great idea and very attractive:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute bags... perfect paper for Easter. I'm sure the girls will love them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)