I knew instantly what I wanted to do! The new mini catalogue is full of gorgeous vintage style, florals, botanicals and sewing motifs but there's also a section at the back full of individual stamps - some of which are quite masculine images. I've enjoyed using the Motorcycle stamp today:
This could be quite an old-fashioned image but using a flash of red and mounting it on the Top Note die gave it a little bit of 'edge'. (Yes, of course I had to use my lovely, new Big Shot!)
Look at the beautiful perforated detail on the edge of the Top Note die! I love the curves of this die - it's great for adding movement to a card.
The red parts of the motorbike are highlighted with Crystal Effects although I couldn't seem to capture that on camera - it looks really glossy in real life!
Here's how to make this card:
- Stamp the motorcycle onto a 9.5cm x 7cm piece of Whisper White card stock using Basic Black ink. Sprinkle quickly with clear embossing powder and heat with the heat gun.
- Colour the mud guards and petrol tank of the motorbike with a Real Red marker.
- Mask above the centre of the wheels with a piece of paper and sponge a ground on the bottom of the card stock with Early Espresso ink, using a rough 'massage' sponge to create texture.
- Hold the same piece of paper over the ground and sponge a sky with Bashful Blue ink, using a smooth piece of sponge.
- Stamp a sentiment in the corner with Basic Black ink.
- Glue the panel onto a 9.5cm x 7.5cm piece of Real Red card stock. Mount this onto Baja Breeze card stock cut using the Top Note die whisked through the Big Shot. Trim the sides of the Top Note shape flush with the sides of the motorbike panel.
- Cut 9.5cm off the length of an A4 sheet of Whisper White card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base. Attach the focal panel to the card front.
- Add Crystal Effects to the red parts of the motorbike and leave to dry.
Stamps: Motorbike, Vintage Labels (retired Sale-a-bration set)
Ink: Basic Black, Early Espresso, Bashful Blue
Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Baja Breeze
Other: Top Note die, Real Red marker, Crystal Effects
I hope you've all had a good weekend. Many of you may have been celebrating Mother's day - as I was! My three lovely children spoilt me with cards, chocolate and flowers - and so many cups of tea I was visiting the loo most of the day! It is one of my favourite days in the year as I get to go to Mumland (as my daughter puts it!) I look at the miracle that is my family and can't imagine what on earth I ever did to deserve them.
By the way, thank you so much to everyone that left a comment about my ten-year-old son's card last week. He was so excited when I showed them to him and turned to me with wide eyes and said "Mummy! I'm a star!" And the thing is, it's true - he is!
I shall look forward to checking out all the other LiM entries today and thank you for coming to see mine. If you have a minute, do come back and visit me tomorrow when I'll have pictures of my open house displays with loads of samples made with items from the new mini catalogue. Hope to see you then,