...here I am with the star of the show! I am absolutely in love with my fabulous Big Shot and the stunning dies and folders available in the mini. Of course you can use all your other dies and folders in the Big Shot too but there are some fabulous ones exclusive to Stampin' Up - you'll find them outlined in yellow in the mini catalogue. (There's one on my side bar you can look at or, if you live in the UK and want a copy to curl up with, do email me and I'll send one out to you free of charge.)
My ladies were entered into the free prize draw as they arrived. Would you like to see the prize? Well here it is:
Three stamps, a full-sized ink pad in Melon Mambo, a Stampin' Write marker, card stock, assorted ribbon and some pretty felt embellishments - all arranged in a box and tied up in a cellophane wrapper! Who would be lucky enough to win it? Well, I was exhausted after a busy day but not so exhausted that I didn't want to know! And so, at 11pm the tickets were shaken up in the tin and my daughter asked to pick one out... and... (drum roll here...)
THE WINNER IS:
Congratulations Jane! I know you'll enjoy adding these goodies to your collection!
Now, I can't possibly go without showing you a project, so how about these cute, Cath Kidston-esque chocolate wrappers?
This was the make and take at my open house yesterday - very simple but so very pretty! This gorgeous new Springtime Vintage designer paper was a real hit with my guests and made perfect little wrappers along with the Four Frames stamp set and coordinating punch.
Here's how to make them:
- Cut a piece of designer paper 10.5cm x 11.5cm
- Apply Sticky strip to one short side and both long sides. Remove the tape backing.
- Put a Ritter Sport chocolate in the centre of the paper and wrap the non-sticky edge over it. Bow pull the opposite edge tightly over the chocolate and stick down firmly.
- Pinch the ends of the wrapper together, making sure the paper doesn't overlap.
- Put the ends of the parcel through the crimper and make two or three crimped lines each side.
- Stamp a label onto Very Vanilla card stock. Use the stamp-a-majig to add a sentiment.
- Use the decorative label punch to cut the label out and attach it to the chocolate wrapper using dimensionals.
Stamps: Four Frames, various sentiment stamps
Ink: Rose Red/Always Artichoke/Not Quite Navy
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Other: Springtime Vintage designer paper, decorative label punch, markers
Thank you so much to all the lovely ladies that came to my open house yesterday and to my blog readers for visiting today too - I've really enjoyed your company! Do take a look at the mini catalogue and send me an email when you're ready to order your new goodies.
Have a great weekend!